Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, September 25, 2023

Parent Visit

I love my parents, but they live far away in Florida. However, they came to visit me yesterday.We had lunch and I showed them around downtown. Then I took a nap. After that we went to a local brewery where we socialized. Then they took me shopping where I got fresh fruits and veggies for lunches and snacks. This morning we hit up Sheetz and I saw them off. It was so good to see them. I miss my parents greatly. They've been a major support throughout my life. 

However, it also means I didn't get much done yesterday. I mean, I got my morning tasks done, but afternoon tasks were not. Since this weekend was shot for afternoon tasks, I really need to redouble my efforts to get stuff done today.

I pick up my Chantix prescription today. In 3 weeks I'll have stopped smoking!!!! I'm excited about that. I'm even more excited that insurance completely covered it! So excited to not smoke... especially because winter is coming up. Smoking outside in winter is almost as bad as smoking in the rain.

Cody is doing better too. Of that I'm relieved. I don't know what clicked, but he's been to the doctor and now he has prescription meds to help him. I'm so happy!

I'm hoping I get a callback today on the middle school ELA job. I want it so bad I can taste it. It will be hard, but I know if I can swing it it will be a very good job. 

In the meantime, I need to finish my morning tasks. Doing laundry will be my cleaning challenge today. I have a large backlog of laundry that really needs to get done. And it will be. 

I need to work on staying awake through the entire day. There are no naps at work. I've put some more thought into morning schedule once I start working. I'm going to of course cut out job hunting and probably TPT...but I'll still clean out the litter boxes in the morning. That's for certain. That's a habit I definitely want to keep.

Teachers need to be in the building at 8:00 at the middle school. That gives me 2.5 hours to get stuff done. I'll probably do coffee and Duolingo for the first 15 minutes. Litter and mail the next 15. Then I'll do the exercise challenge, shower, and have breakfast before I go in. When I get home I'll do my afternoon tasks and my lessons. That way I have my lessons in my schedule still.

No comments:

Post a Comment