Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Interview

I have a phone interview today and I have mixed feelings. On the one hand it's a decent company with great benefits. On the other hand it's a job I will despise. To job selling math IXL. I hate sales. What's more it's cold calling. But I need money, and the benefits are great. Although the company does have a reputation for laying off their workforce, I don't think that'll affect me. I plan on getting a teaching job next year. Another benefit is it's a hybrid job schedule. I would only have to go in the office 3 days a week. I've used Math IXL in my classrooms before. It's a good program, so I know I can sell it. I would much rather be teaching, but beggers can't be choosers. I hope I get the job. I also hope I don't get the job. I suppose I'm walking into the interview with manageable expectations. 

I'm feeling a bit more motivated to get things done today. It's been a bit of a struggle lately to find that motivation. I haven't been getting motivation from Cody since he's been dealing with...whatever is bothering him.getting that extrinsic motivation has been a big push in getting things done. Instead, I joined a party in Habitica. We are questing and it's really getting me the power I need to follow through.

I had my shrink appointment yesterday. We're upping one of the dosages for one of my pills. But also, I'm getting chantix! That means I quit smoking here soon! That would be nice. It's a completely unessicary expense. Plus it's getting into fall and eventually winter. Smoking in winter sucks. Also there's the health bit. But that's less impactful than the financial piece right now.

Today I focus hot and heavy on laundry. It absolutely needs to be done. I'm also going to bake bread. I hope Cody goes to work today. Having him in bed discourages me from doing stuff in the bedroom. Also, he needs to go to work because money.

All and all I'm hoping today will be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment