Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Long Day Will Be Long

Yesterday I got a lot done. I baked bread. I cleaned up the kitchen a bit. I did my morning tasks. Today will be much the same plus an interview.

I have an interview today that is a double interview. Both the middle school and high school sped program is going to sit in on the interview. I'm looking forward to the interview. At the very least it will prove that I can still do it. At most I will get a job out of it.

I'm scared I won't be able to do a job. My FND comes with stress. Teaching is very stressful. Sped is very stressful on top of that. I don't want to have to quit my job in the middle of the year because of my FND. 

I had a teaching dream last night. I was teaching a combination of two of my students how to do touch multiplication. The kid had an outgoing personality like one student, and the mental capacities of the other. And for some reason the parents objected to having touch multiplication taught to their student. Although it was a challenging dream, it was still so nice to be able to teach again even if it was only a dream.

My friend Katt, who has been really encouraging lately taught me a thing or two about Duolingo settings that are really going to boost my learning a lot.

I've been giving some thought to my schedule once I get a job. Obviously I want to keep doing what I've been doing. I'm just going to have to devote less time to the tasks. Plus add tasks based on the job I get. I'll probably still get up at 5:00. Go to bed at 7:00. That's to make sure I have enough energy to teach. I think I'll exercise in the morning. That way I have the rest of the day laid out before me. I don't end up being too exhausted to work out. We'll see what my schedule looks like when I get the job.

In the meantime, it's off to doing teachers pay teachers work. I post my first lesson on teachers pay teachers today. I'm very excited. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment