Why do you come to this Blog?

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Productivity

I am having a productive day today. It's super exciting. You see, I went out late last night, chilling with some friends who watched Wonder Woman. I had a fabulous conversation with someone I don't get a lot of one on one time with. Then I came home. That's when the productivity bug. It me.

I got home around 11:30pm and I immediately brought my new shelf into my closet. Setting it up took no time, but then I realized my closet was a sty, so I reorganized it. I got rid of a bunch of clothes too.


Then I was still not sleepy exhausted, but not sleepy so I continued. I made plans for medicine drawers for the over toilet storage. Then I read a chapter from the volva stav manual to learn how to play the stav for religous reasons. I ended up going to bed around 1:30 am.

I woke up at 5:30 bright as an orange. Still a little exhausted, but I must have slept well because I didn't wake up sleepy. But anyway, I got up and made macarons. I improvised a little, and you can tell. They are lemon lavender macaroons, and something is off about the icing. I used lavender simple syrup instead of milk.
They aren't the prettiest in the world, but they taste damn good, if not a bit too sweet.


So then I got stared making those drawers I designed last night. I realized I only had enough plywood for one so I ran to lowes only to discover 1) the plywood is too big for my car, and 2) it's 30-40 dollars for a sheet! So I walked through the store, mostly the garden section, to leave empty handed. 

I then came back home to saw out the drawer pieces. But I'm new with the table saw. The damn thing kicked back a chunk of plywood into my stomach. It's now bruised and scanned over, but the wood hit me so hard that it drew blood.

So I mananged all that before 10 am.

Then I went to a pawn shop and bought a guitar. Her name is apparently Siren. I have no idea how I came up with the name, as I'm not a mermaid gal, but there you have it. So I brought her home and learned my first chord: E minor. My fingers still hurt.

Then I painted a shelf for the bathroom. I'm planning on moving my rubber duck Cole toon to make more room for medicines on the above toilet storage shelf. That's the current home of my rubber duckies. But anyway I painted it grey and blue.

In between paint coats I walked about a mile. I found it mostly enjoyable. Being fat made chub-rub a thing, but it didn't get too bad.

So then I went to a guitar center to pick up some picks. I also went to Ace to pick up screws and drywall anchors for the shelf.

I came home, and played siren some more, and now I'm laying in bed, blogging. I plan to clean out the fridge today, get laundry and dishes done, drop some macarons at a friends house and hang that shelf all before joe gets home.

But for now, willow says it's nap time. I'm inclined to agree with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment