Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, June 12, 2017

Energy levels and religious musings

My energy levels have been fluctuating a lot lately, but I'm thankful for the days I have that I can complete my to do list. I think hope has played a large role into the success. Hope that I will have more energy has given me more energy. I mean I'm still tired, but I'm still doing things.

I'm playing my brand new guitar daily. My fingers hurt so much! I still need to build up my calluses. But I know 3 chords, e minor, a minor and c. The next two chords I'm going to learn are d and g. Then I will be able to play "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles. I'm really enjoying playing so far, and I'm going to be playing more. A friend of mine plays the bass. He wants to jam. I imagine once a week I'll pop by his house and jam for a while. Maybe we'll even write songs together. I think that would be fun.

I need to get more plywood, but I've spent too much money this month. But I need the plywood to make more projects for around the house. I need to make another drawer for the above toilet storage and I need to make another shelf for my bathroom closet. It will make a storing toilet paper easier. I also want to make a pantry. Gods, do I want a pantry. I want more space in my dining room for dinner parties.

Speaking of dinner parties I need to clean off the back patio. It's full of dead leaves and gardening shit. I need to get it done before the 21st because that's when I'm having my midsummer party. I'll do that this week, maybe today...or tomorrow.

So I found out something interesting about the Gods of the Norse pantheon that echoed my current beliefs. Apparently the earth goddess (Nerthus) and the sea god (Njord) may have started as a hermaphroditidic deity. I have, for a long time believed in God as a hermaphrodite. And this translated into me thinking of the earth as the same. So it makes since to me. So I am one step closer to accepting the Norse pantheon. I still don't believe that the Gods are literal Gods, just powerful ancestors. We'll see if that changes as I read more.

And I have been reading a chapter a day. I want to know all of the things about my chosen religion. I want to believe there is more to the world than science can explain. I need that much in my life. I need to attend a blot. I need to do that this year. But you need to be willing to tie your wyrd (fate) with the group you blot with. So it gets complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment