Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, June 16, 2017

I fail at lazy

I did stuff yesterday when I told myself I wouldn't. I actually did a lot, just none of my usual chores. I  worked on decorating my book of shadows, specifically the section on runes. I played the guitar because I enjoy playing the guitar. And most of all I went to a benefit concert. I wasn't going to go because I didn't have cash for the cover, but Joe, my hero, gave me some.

I went out to eat at Taco Bell for they have great vegetarian options and it was on my way out. I got a cheese quesadilla and nachos without meat. Now I've never liked refried beans, but this time I forced myself to eat them. I confess it was rather tasty.

Well then I drove down to Staunton to watch The Texin' Exes. They are really good. It was so much fun swaying to the beat. The bassist thrashed as he played the base, and the tight control of the drummer was accented by the guitarist dancing with his guitar. I highly recommend them. Like them on Facebook!


I saw so many fantabulous friends while I was there! We talked. We sang. We danced. It was an epic time. I even talked about possibly playing some D&D with a new GM.


There was even a rainbow!

And I won some art in a raffle! The title of this piece is "Lady." It reminds me of the Blue Meanies from "Yellow Submarine." But you know...Red. I spent $5 on tickets. The benefit was for mental health utilities in the area. And although I don't live in the range they support, I got to be a philanthropist and give back to the world at large. And I guess I got some art out of it too!

Today has been pretty good. I'm getting lots of stuff done. I added two new songs to my library: "Bad Moon Rising" and "Jolene" I'm still struggling with moving chords quickly and strumming. But that will come with practice. 

I said I wanted more music in my life, and I'm actively trying to include it in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment