Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

If I Won The Lottery...

If I won the lottery, say 100,000 dollars, I know exactly what I'd do with it. This is because I've thought about it a lot. The thought of having to not worry about money is appealing to me.

Let's pretend that taxes are paid for already so I have nice round numbers to work with. The general figure is 1/4 goes to debt, 1/4 to savings, 1/4 to charity, and 1/4 to whatever. That's $25,000 to each category.

I have 5800 in credit card debts that I'd wipe out first. This would give me more money to play with each month as I wouldn't be paying off my credit cards anymore. The rest would go to student loan debt. 25,000 would pay for a significant portion of my debts. I'd still have debt after, but it would be significantly less.

I want a Roth IRA. There is nothing sexier as I age than the concept of retirement. The problem is I've never made enough to put towards retirement. Having that cushion would be super nice. It would help me feel secure because in 30 years I plan on retiring. I mean I'll always work, but I never want to work for money. I want to work for job fulfillment. To be able to do that I need a nest egg...urngh!! So sexy.

I've always wanted to be a philanthropist. It's a way to help people without doing anything.  So I'd donate half of it to the local no kill cat shelter. That leaves $12500 that I'd spend on go fund me. There have been friends who've started go fund mes and I haven't been able to donate. If I had the money I could help others in the same predicament.

I have trouble paying for all the groceries that I want. I want good healthy eco friendly foods. And I have trouble paying for them. I also have a substantial book wishlist. I would love to have an unending supply of books. I also have an expensive hobby: woodworking. I could buy all the wood I needed to work my projects. I mean it's not like I'd be spending more than I usually do, just books as I finish reading them, about $40-$50 a month in wood and $100-$200 extra every month. That would last me a while. I'd spend half that of the money on school. That should be enough to finish my degree even!

I have no designs of a luxurious life. I just want a comfortable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment