Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

We are our deeds

I'm going vegetarian for the month of June. Well, not fully vegetarian. I'm only planning on eating locally raised meat, and more vegetarian foods. It's something I've been thinking about for months now. Factory farms have always bothered me. They treat their animals like shit, and they are polluting the environment. I don't like that. I realize my actions don't change much, but at least I'm doing something. I might do more as time moves on, but for now that's all I'm going to do. Baby steps right?

I'm not going to start preaching about the evils of meat. We are omnivores biologically. I'm just tired of supporting factory farms. That's my choice.

I'm learning Spanish. I'm using Duolingo every day. It's been a whirlwind doing it everyday for the past 20 days. I'd like to learn other languages, but Spanish makes the most sense for me. The schools in the area have mostly Spanish speakers. I want to know what kids are saying. I don't like not knowing what kids are saying. It eeks me out.

Starting on June 7th I'm going to start running. For the month of June I'll be walking for 30 minutes each day, and in July I'll be using the couch to 5k app Monday Wednesday and Friday to get up to running a 5k. At the end of the program I'll run a 5k. After that I'll just run every other day. I will not allow my tiredness to keep me from health.

Starting when I get my first paycheck after the summer ends I'm going to start up martial arts again. I got pretty far a while ago, back when I was a kid. But to be a badass I need to get back to it. Two days a week and alternate it with my running days. I'd like to get hoop dancing on the list of things I do, but I need to take baby steps.

Volunteering is something I want to start doing again, but I don't know what I want to volunteer doing. I could go back to the literacy center and volunteer on weekends. And I'm seriously toying with that idea. But there could be something better.something I feel more strongly about. Anyway, I'm thinking of starting that up over the summer.

I want to do music. I need more of it in my life. That means learning or relearning an instrument. Piano, Guitar, cello, or stav are all options. Guitar would be handy when I had a classroom. So would piano, and I do have access to a piano while I don't have access to a guitar. I have a cello, but a cello doesn't help my classroom. I want to learn how to play the stave, a thumping stick essentially, but that's for religous reasons. I need to pick one and stick with it, although I can't decide. Ideas?

I've been really good about blogging daily. I have not been good about working on my novel. Starting  June 7th when school gets out I'm going to write 100 words a day minimum. It shouldn't take me more than an hour. I'm thinking of getting joe to fix my netbook and taking that outside to write. I have a hard time focusing in the house.

I've been getting better about chores thanks to habitica. I'm going to try to get better, too. Starting when school gets out I'm going to do one project a day aside from my normal chores.. things like widows, the bathtub, sweeping, and dusting. I also need to clean out the basement.

I need to craft. This is a need. I need to come up with projects to work on. I want to craft for at least an hour each day during the summer. It gives me an excuse to chill with my boyfriend, and I love crafting. So this week I'll make a list of crafting projects I want to do. I want to make a box for a game, and maybe build a new stand for Balsa. Other than that I have no idea. Do you have any ideas?

I'm going to camp on the beach this summer or fall. I'm also going to go somewhere and leave nice notes on cars. I'll try to complete at least 1 other bucket list item this year.

Starting today im going to read one chapter of my religious books a day. I want to study my religous stuff more...because I'm still sussing out how I feel abauot god/s. I know what I don't believe. The problem is figuring out what I DO believe. I should write in my religous blog more, but I don't want to push myself too hard.

After I'm done with school I'm going to get myself a rifle, a ruger 10/22. This is kinda for badass points, but mostly it's because shooting is fun! I enjoy shooting. There's something so satisfying about lining up, breathing deeply, then hitting your target. The ruger was my favorite when I went shooting. In the meantime I'm going to go shooting with Paul whenever I can. He has like 20 some odd guns and loves to talk about them and let me fire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment