Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Happiest Memory

As a change of pace I'm going to talk about my happiest memory. I have a lot of happy memories. It's been a good life so far. But my best memories are playing Earth Quest.

When I was a kid, 6th grade on, my friends and I used to have this game that centered around this entire world we created. There was an obsessive government, a rebellion, evil and good magic users, interdimentional travel, and a single ship called The Angel.

I was one of a pair of twins, cranky mechanics with a penchant for smoking and drinking. They were rough around the edges, but had hearts of gold. There was also a teenage hacker, a magestic magic user, a ninja, and so many other characters.

So one day this group of friends goes to a place called City of Rocks. It's this amazing place where boulders the size of houses reach up from the ground. We spent a whole day there getting chased by government forces, planting bombs, hiding in the terrain, and generally running until our legs wouldn't carry us. It was a simpler time with simpler pleasures, and although the memory is hazy from the years between then and now, the feeling of wild excitement and reckless abandon has not Waimea's.

No comments:

Post a Comment