Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Thought exercise

1) I'm going to pretend I have $1000 to spend on myself and not on debt or charity. I usually put 1/3 each into debt and charity, but I'm going to be selfish. I'm going on an amazon shopping spree.
Kindle paper white $99
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver $190
Cat sweater $12
Multi USB port charger $20
Gaia lawn ornament $50
Philips Sonicare Electric toothbrush $175
Viking runes metal stamps $194
Laundry sorter $26
Cat litter trap mat $35
Camping chair with cooler and table $75
Fitbit $120
Total $996

2) If i could have any super power it would be the ability to make clones of myself with a collective conscience. I mean think about it. Think about all the things I could get done if I was more than one person. I could go to work, do dishes, exercise , watch tv, and write my novel all at the same time. I could go camping with my friends, LARP, and visit my parent at the same time. There would be no choosing what I should do. I could do everything. Hell, I could work and go to school, or even work more than one job without having to worry about scheduling. I've wanted this super power since college.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind having the ability to control my body's internal chemistry. I could take care of my depression, FND, and Tourette's with ease just by adjusting my brain chemistry. I could also up my metabolism and make it easier to exercise and lose weight. I could numb pain with endorphins, I could have recreational trips with safe DMT. I could regulate my periods and never have to pay for birth control again. It's not a super hero power. I couldn't save the world with it, but I could save myself.

3) A super power I already have is the ability to teach a class of kids at various learning levels and behaviors. This is a good superpower as I am a sub teacher and I want to have my own classroom. Dealing with kids in general is pretty taxing and challenging. Not everyone can do it with patience and passion, but I can. It's actually pretty cool. I feel like I leave myself at the door and become a new person who's only drive is to teach. It's automatic. I don't swear, I don't make crude jokes, and I certainly don't have any desire to play on my phone. I'm introverted and quiet. It's like as soon as I enter the school I become this incredible teaching machine. Oh yeah, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, but it's always in context of teaching. There is no bleed over from my personal life into my work. I support and facilitate learning. And I think that's really cool.

4) my favorite season has always been autumn. I love the smells of pumpkins, candles, and falling leaves. I love the flame like colors of the leaves. I love outdoor fires, hearing the crackle of wood as the warmth of the fire cuts the chill from the air. I love sweatshirts and sharing blankets. I adore Halloween: the dressing up, the community, and the candy. I love the fruits and vegetables that come in season during fall. Most of all I love the stars.

During fall the air is cool enough to offer a clean and clear view of the stars. The air is cooler and dryer providing an unobstructed view. Yes the air is just as cool and dry during winter, but unlike winter you aren't fighting off bitter cold that friezes your eyeballs in their sockets. Plus the hours of night are starting to get longer. There's more and more night to see the stars.

Autumn is def my favorite time of tear.

5) one of my favorite songs of all times is "Weapon" by Mathew Good Band. The slow build up combined with lyrics that beg an imaginative introspection into the people that bring out the violence in you. It's mellow tones seem to counterpoint the strong message of potential violence. Also, Mathew Goods voice is unique like a Japanese lute compared to the average singers guitar.


6) Mostly I look up to my friends. Most people look up to politicians or celebrities. I prefer to look up to my friends. They aren't perfect, and they aren't trying to be. They are simply trying to be the best versions of themselves. Each friend has something I look up to. They are kind and thoughtful. They are wild, free and irrationally intelligent. They are poets, crafters, and builders of hearth and home. They drink and party, but do the work that needs to be done. They are funny too. In the laugh until your sides ache sense of the word. I strive to be all those things. I love my friends

7) I used to be most afraid of ticks. To be quite frank I still am. The way they burrow their whole head inside you to gorge on your essential life essence caring disease that debilitates you... simply put its revolting and its horrible. I'm terrified of them.

But that's not my biggest fear. Bigger than ticks is the fear that I'll never be the person I want to be. I want to be a good person who constantly tries to better herself. I want to be a good house-wife, teacher, crafter, and friend. Lately though I just lack inspiration and energy to be those things. Even powered over with coffee its all I can do to get a few chores done. I can't keep up with my students. I'm just so drained all the goddamn time. After a good night sleep I still need naps. I don't draw or write. I feel aweful about myself. I don't know if it's laziness or something wrong with my brain chemistry but either way I'm afraid this period in my life will last forever. I mean I even have trouble writing in my blog these days.

8) I am quite happy in my small town. Everyone is friendly, there is nature everywhere, and I see mountains every day. I wouldn't mind living in a new house though. My house currently is old and worn. It needs new windows, insulation, a new paint job, a new roof, power washing, a dishwasher, a pantry, and about a thousand other updates...electrical...plumbing...I mean, all and all it's a good house, I just want something a little more up to date.

I'd like a house with a more open floor plan. I'd like water to be clean when it's turned on. I'd like to not be worried about house fires because of the out of date electricity. I'd like somewhere with similar square footage, maybe a bit bigger. I want the walls to be painted in happy or neutral colors. I'd prefer carpet to hardwood. I want a well laid out bathroom and a larger kitchen. Most of all, I want land.

I want room enough where neighbors are far away. I want land to have parties. I want to host a LARP. I want a garden and a workshop on site. I want trees and statues and a huge oak tree with a bench swing under it as a pretty escape to read. I want chickens. I want a creek. I want land so that if society does collapse I can farm and support my family. I may even have horses one day. (I'm set to inherent my mom and dads horses when they pass. I'd want to keep them on site.) Hell, I even want goats and cows


9) I just finished reading "The Ducks in the Bathroom are Not Mine" by David Thorne. Honestly, I love all of the books David comes out with. This one in particular is a compilation of his best stories. His stories are humor pieces that appeal to the darker tinges of my nature. For instance, my favorite story involves an email back and forth between a neighbor and the author. You know those garage lights that are motion activated? Well, David's neighbor installed a very bright one that shined into his bedroom at night. The back and forth featured David's unique brand of self deprecating humor in a way that disparaged the neighbor. It was hilarious. If you've never read David Thorne's work I highly recommend it!

I just started "Levathan Wakes" by James A. Corey. It's slow moving so far, but I'm only 25 pages into the 550 page novel. It's supposed to be really good. I got it for my birthday from a friend. The book is set in a realistic nearish future in space where we've colonized the solar system, but barely. I mean, it's not poorly written or anything. It's just a slow build up. Actually it feels a lot like "War and Peace" in that there are a lot of characters to keep track of and it's really slow going. I'll probably read more tonight.

10) If I were a character in a book I would be the worst protagonist ever. I think I'd be better suited to be the protagonist's best friend. I mean I think about how my knees look as I sit on the toilet, and how many onion rings I could fit into my mouth when I'm cooking dinner. No one wants to read that shit. I am however a stalwart companion that is always willing to help a friend in need. I don't know. I just don't feel like I'm main character material.

My life isn't particularly funny, exciting, or engaging either. Mostly its just naps. Although my dreams are pretty entertaining I guess if I were in a book the book would be just about my weird dreams. It would be read by my mother and begrudgingly by my friends. My dreams do have plot setting and character development so I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. Just weird.


11) If you were a character in a book I would name you George and have you be a flying hippo. Because seriously, what kind of question is this?

12) If I could have lunch with anyone in the world I'd choose my brother Robert. I never see him and his life is super interesting. Plus I love the raging asshole. He's just always so busy. But we'd drink fruity cocktails and complain about life together.

Although lunch is all it could be. If we spend too long together we fight.

13) Favorite Joke:

What do you call cheese that isn't yours?

Nacho Cheese!

HOHOHOHOHOHO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment