Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Improve thyself

I downloaded a new app on my phone called habitica. It's a game style to do list. It has a section for good/bad habits. Good habits give exp and money. Bad habits take away health when you do them. For good habits I have "go to work" and "don't spend any money" for bad habits I have "smoking" and "eating out". So every time I smoke or eat out I click a button and it takes away health, and every time I go to work and don't spend money it gives me exp and money.

It also has a daily to do section that's really working for me. Every time I do something on my daily to do list it gives me exp and money. At the end of the day it takes away health for the things I haven't done.

My daily to dos:
Dishes
Laundry
Clean litterbox
Brush teeth
Weed garden
Craft
Walk 30 minutes
1300 calories or under
Meditate (using another app called headspace)
Write
Exercise (strength)
Duolingo

I'm on a 4 day streak with most of the things on my to do list. It's really encouraging me.

There's also a section for one time items like "take stuff to goodwill" and "clean out the basement" they aren't on a time crunch, but you get exp and money for doing them.

You can also set the difficulty of the activity to give more exp/money or less. Right now everything is set to easy. None of my to do list is particularly hard...at least the daily to do. I'll go back and edit my free time to do list to account for difficulty later.

I've decided joe and I are going to Seattle. I originally had it slated for 2020, but joe says a year and a half is plenty of time to save. So come September/October 2018 we're going to Seattle. I'll see if we can steal my parents time share for a long weekend and we'll rent a car (it's cheaper than Uber's everywhere) I want to visit my friend Barry, visit Mt Rainer, and drink coffee somewhere. It'll be fun.

Hopefully planning the trip will get me off this wedding planning kick I've been on.

So despite low energy I'm still trying to improve.

And I'm off to bed so I can hopefully work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I just got habitica too. If you want to be friends we could add each other

    ReplyDelete