Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Finances

I have sucked ROYALLY at keeping my financial house in order this year. It's time to tighten the belt again. I'm only allowed to buy bread, milk, eggs, and cheese till I'm out of food in the pantry. I'm also not allowed  to go on anymore internet spending sprees. One of my credit cards is maxed out, and the other is over half used. Now is my time to save more money to get more financially secure.

I have 5 major bills and one source of income. I get $900 a month for disability.
My expenses are
1) Rent $300
2) Utilities $300
3) Medical bills/ prescriptions $100
4) Food: $200
5) Entertainment $0

Now I also have a friend painting me a painting for $90 so this month I'm not spending any money on food except bread, cheese, eggs, and milk. That will cut me down to pay for my painting. I'll also cut back on electricity by keeping the house cooler and unplugging unnecessary items and also making sure the lights are turned off.

I'm hoping by the end of April to be back in the way of paying off my credit cards again. I'm also going to be hopefully getting a job. I'll also be volunteering at my friend Katie's high school esol class to learn and be able to put new stuff in my resume to fill the hole while I was unemployed. By September I plan on signing up for sub-teaching again and taking the week kids go back to school off to spend an entire week of 16 hour days writing. I'll pop some adderal and just plow through a few novels and then send them off to my various editors so I can publish by Jan 2017

I talked with Joe about my future career, and I decided I'm going to put off school until I know I can deal with it better. I'm still having trouble reading and concentrating, and I will have to do my student teaching soon too. I just wont be healthy enough to do it well. And If I can't do it well...

Instead I'm going to work up to subbing full time and then go to WGU for my teaching degree when I'm ready. It'll be much cheaper that way. In the meantime I will sub, live off disability, and write. I'll see if there are work from home jobs I can do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment