Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, March 11, 2016

Pub-Rules and Stunt-Man Slammers

I used to be the kind of girl that if you dared me to do something, I'd consider myself a coward if I didn't do it. I mean, I wasn't dumb about it. There were people in my elementary school who were daring each other to have sex with others. I stayed away from that, but dare devil activity was fun and challenging. I ran around in my underwear, ate bugs, and would fight and/or wrestle anyone who wanted to. It was nothing too crazy. My friends were reasonable, but in elementary school. Though, once I had to draw a bikini on myself in lipstick. That was amusing...but mostly gross.

In high school I joined the swim team. They had this hazing ritual that I thought was kind of cute, and was mostly opt-in. You got shirts that said you had to do X whenever someone around you said Y. I missed the day they were handing out the shirts, so I went to the team captain and demapded mine. He wrote one out on a piece of paper that we stapled to my shirt. Mine was whenever someone said my name I had to do a jig. I only had one teacher tell me not to (which I still tipped my feet in a jig) At lunch I tried to get up on the lunch table...the lunch moniters were none-too-pleased on that front.

This behavior has gotten less reckless, but is still present. In high school and in college, that age where you start drinking even though it's not particularly legal, I was part of a boffer sport called Dagorhir. The premise of it is you pretend your fighting with swords and shields (or a flail and shield in my case) all day, and at night you drink in excess, much like Valhalla I suppose. One of my favorite thing to challenge the boys to to see if I was more bold than they were was a thing called stuntman slammers. You know how when you take a shot of taquilla you lick the salt, take the shot, and bite the lime? It's like that but you snort the salt, take the shot, then squeeze the lime in your eye. I thought it was fun, It wasn't like it was going to kill me. I think my personal record stands at 3 or 4. I was drunk at the time.

Most recently, I was playing pool with a friend of mine. We were playing Australian Pub Rules (Which as far as I can tell is like normal rules but you can make shit up) Now, He's one of those guys that acts like an asshole sometimes, but really would give the shirt off his back to a homeless kid saying he preferred to be shirtless since it's such a nice day out. He's an undercover softy (which I ardently admire about him)

There's this rule in Australian Pub Pool that if you don't get any balls into the pool table by the time the other gets the 8-ball in you have to run around the table with your pants around your ankles. I went in knowing this, and having the ace up my sleeve that I was wearing a thigh compression suit. I didn't mind getting drunk and loosing. Which I did...phenomenally. Oh, my friend David beat the snot out of me. I'm getting ready to drop trow, and he says that it didn't count because on his final shot he got one of my balls in. I still am left wondering if he didn't think I was tough enough to do it, or maybe he thought he was being nice to me? I mean, walking is hard sometimes, but I was having a good night that night and I kind of wanted to show off the fact I could walk due to my new pills (A fact I payed for on the subsequent 3 days or so) But he said I didn't have to do it, and although I suspected him, I didn't want to seem like an exhibitionist. Maybe he wanted to spare my boyfriend's parents from seeing what he thought might have been something a lot more risque than I was wearing (my one piece is skimpier than my compression suit)

My point is, I've always kind of liked my willingness to push my boundaries into an uncomfortable level on many fronts. This one just happens to be driven by others. I have many internal drives to get out of my comfort zone too. But it kind of hurts when I'm set aside because someone may think I'm not tough/bold/courageous enough to do something. I may seem sweet a lot of the time...but I'm a daredevil too.




No comments:

Post a Comment