Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Warding off Unwelcome Advances

I need a ring on my left ring finger....not an actual engagement ring, but a man-deterrent ring. These are 2 different things. An engagement ring for me is something simple and heartfelt. Normally it doesn't involve diamonds. Hell, my dream ring is something my future husband makes himself.

What I needs is something big, gaudy, and flashy to detour my adult students. The bigger the fake diamond, the better! This way when advances get too much I can start waving my left hand around when I talk, and bring my left hand to my face to highlight the fact that I have a ring and therefore off limits.

I used this technique when I sang karaoke regularly to some effect. The flirting became less serious and more playful. I just need something to keep the flirting from beginning in the first place. At the museum one of my students followed me around like a puppydog despite the fact he was with a friend that spoke English really well. She kept smiling at us and staying well ahead of us like she was trying to play cupid. I was dealing with my FND so I couldn't keep up with her. It was only slightly awkward as there weren't any outright advances. I'm there for volunteering though, not getting a man.

I NEED A FAKE ENGAGEMENT RING STAT! Something less than $30 and looks like an actual super girly engagement ring that all girls would swoon over. Something that I'll probably hate, but will intimidate men from thinking I'm available. Even if I weren't dating someone I would need this. I hate that awkward "No I'm not interested" conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment