Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Cats, The Badasses

My cats surprise me more and more every day. They are the epitome of badassitue if you think about it. They give no shits about what they look like beyond what makes them happy. They eat when they want. They drink when they want. They shit when they want. Whats more, if you aren't doing something right they let you know. They even compromise with each other.

I think you have to live life like a cat to be a badass. Don't get me wrong. I love all animals. I understand dogs better (I'm a dog person) but cats have this sort of self absurdness and independence that most other animals do not have. They know what they like, even if its for the front door to stay open so they can go in and out as they please. There's nothing more my cats hate than a shut door. As a matter of fact, they can open most shut doors in this house, and even if they can't they still try. When they can't do something themselves, they ask for help, and lead us right to the problem.

This isn't just one of my cats. This is both of them.

People say that cats don't know shame, but thats not true, they just fix the problem immediatly when they fuck up so there's nothing to be ashamed of to begin with. The past is in the past, and you can't change it.

The cats do fight, but I think that's due to an age differance. Willow is 5 years old. Rowan is just about 1. (I need to celebrate his birthday come to think of it.) That's like a crochety 40 year old prima ballerina who's lived alone her whole life being shoved in a house with a frat boy teenager. It's hard on her, and Rowan just wants to play.

This post may be an excuse to show pictures of my cats. Although I stand by my reasoning, I may be a crazy cat lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment