Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Gym music

I've been going to the gym 3 times a week in an attempt to get stronger. I figure if my body is more in shape it'll be better at taking care of my FND and Torrette's Syndrome. I've mostly been working on my legs for walking, and my heart for...not dieing of a sedentary life and a love of cheese. But I've also been pumping iron to get She-Hulk strong. I tried listening to podcasts to distract myself from the boredom of the gym, but it didn't really work. I paid for (I know it was bad of me, but I like supporting artists instead of resorting to piracy where I can) a 2 hour playlist of songs

My rules for the playlists were 3 fold:
1) I had to be able to exercise to them Meaning they had to have high Beats Per Minute
2) They had to be sung by women
3) They had to have empowering messages, body positive, badass, or feminist messages.

This is the list I came up with:

  • "Stenka Na Stenku" Arkona
  • "*** Flawless" Beyonce
  • "Run the World" Beyonce
  • "Rebel Girl" Bikini Kill
  • "Army of Me" Bjork (This is my warm up song)
  • "Independant Women Pt 1" Destiny's Child
  • "Baracuda" Heart
  • "Q.U.E.E.N." Janelle Monae
  • "Bad Reputation" Joan Jett
  • "Roar" Katy Perry
  • "I Like Giants" Kimya Dawson
  • "Bad Romance" Lady Gaga
  • "Secrets" Mary Lambert
  • "All About the Bass" Meghan Trainor
  • "Bitch" Meredith Brooks
  • "Raise Your Glass" P!nk
  • "Get the Party Started" P!nk
  • "Man, I Feel Like a Woman!" Shania Twain
  • "Wannabe" Spice Girls
  • "Shake it Off" Taylor Swift



If you want to suggest more, leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. "Bad Girls" by M.I.A. gets me GOING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild by 9Muses. Amber's been on a big kpop bender lately.

    ReplyDelete