Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Post apocalyptic


Joe and I are getting together post apocalyptic costumes and we don't care if there's a LARP for them or not. He has more pieces than I do. But I'm slowly bringing mine together, I've already bought a utility vest, and I have my dad's old BDUs. I'll get an old long sleave shirt at the thrift store in either grey, brown, or green. I'll weather it and put patches on it. I'll also make a cowel with detachable woll blanket. I'll sew poptabs onto the cowel as well. it will function as a hood. I'll have a nerf crossbow and I'll Rub-'n-Buff it to make it look metal like. I'll also put a laser pointer on it. I'll have a utility belt too. I have plenty of belt pouches. I just need a belt for them.
The last part I need will be the mouth bandana and the sun shade goggles. Make up-wise I'll probably do the football player under eye black smudge. I'll put my hair into pig-tail buns as well.
This picture was the inspiration for the cowel. I also liked her belt.
I love this lady's skirt and eventually I'll make something simmilar for my costume. That shoulder armor is also pretty good, I just need to figure out how to make it functional.
I love this costume, and this is the main reason I want to have a detachable wool blanket, though it looks to be a coat of some sort, I want a blanket for sleeping. 
I also think that kneepads would be nice, but I have vollyball kneepads I can wear under the BDUs. I love those kneepads.


No comments:

Post a Comment