Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, March 4, 2016

Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard

I want to be debt free. I want a house, more than that, I want land. I need to stap up, tighten the belt, and get myself out of my financial hole. It's hard on disability, but I'm going to get this done. I listen to both Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard (I prefer Clark because he's not religious and nicer.) But Dave Ramsey has easy to follow baby steps that I can do.

Step 1: Save $1000
            This I can't do. They will take me off disability if I save that much. So I'll have to skip this step until I have a job.

Step 2: Pay off Debt
             This is going to be step 1. I'm going to start paying off my credit card debts starting with the card with less on it. Then I will start paying off my student loan debts. If I still have medical debt after that I'll pay that.
           
Step 3: 6 Months of Expenses in Savings
            When this step is reached I will take into account all expenses as well as how much money I use on fun stuff. Multiply it by 6 and that is how much I will save for.

Step 4: Invest 15% in Retirement
            Financial security is sexy. I seek to be sexy. If I have retirement funds I will be sexy. That is all. I will probably instead invest the max in the Roth IRA, 401(K) and other investments. Clark Howard recommends that you max retirement. I need to start retirement savings asap as I will be starting them late.

Step 5: Save for College
            Ramsey says this is for kids. I'm going to use this for me. I'm friggin addicted to school. I want to have 4 doctorates. I want a doctorate in education, nature conservation/permaculture, animal husbandry, and astronomy.

Step 6: Pay Off Home
            I want land. I want a home. I'll have it before this, but at this point I will pay off my home and it will be all mine!

Step 7: Build Wealth and Give
             I will be giving the whole time. I will give time, and energy, but at this point I will scratch my stomach and look down my nose as I give money to the causes I want, including starting a SEED school (like the one to DC) locally. I'll probably invest in my brother to open his own store because I know he'll do it well, and it will put my family in a better financial situation. I'll probably start saving to invest in my other brother when he gets out of the Air Force.

And that's the plan. It's pretty ambitious considering I'm making less than 11k a year. (FOR NOW!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment