Why do you come to this Blog?

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Designing my dream house: master bathroom


Pinterest fuels my obsession with planning my future house! I have the entire house planned up to the furniture. I even have the land planned out. (Because more than a house, all I've really wanted was land to tromps around in) But because I have everything planned I'm going to show off my plans through pintrest pictures and then I'll overview the whole area in subsequent posts.

The first thing is the sink area. There needs to be lots of mirrors and light The sink itself needs to give me the ability to sit in it for when I do makeup. That's right! I SIT IN SINKS, WHAT OF IT? As to starage I want there to be plenty of cabinets. One for the cleaning stuff and drawers for my make up and girly fru-fru stuff. I'll bneed a cabinet for my blow dryer and hair shit too. So I'll need lots of storage.
About half the cabnetry in the picture should be good for both Joe and I. What I was really oggling is the mirrors and light. The colors are okay, not my favorite, but there's so much light!

I also like small details somewhere in the bathroom. It could be a fun tile design or a crazy bohemian sink like the one below. I just like having one thing per room that I can get lost looking at, and never really run out of things to discover about it.
Also I like the unique faucet of that sink. I guess I'm a fan of unique.

The shower and tub need to be next to each other. I want a little wooden stool in the shower as I've grown accustomed to sitting down in the shower. but I want the ability to fill up the tub, shower off all the grunge, then immediately hop into a steamy hot shower. Joe likes there to be lots of places where the water comes out, so I'll need that too.
I don't like the glass door on the shower in the picture. I'd rather mop than do windows. But a well placed drain and the entire floor being tile should make it do-able.

I want a huge window overlooking my property from my tub! 1) because I like light 2) because sometimes I don't want to read a book in the shower. (Do kindles come in waterproof editions?) I like watching animals and trees. I would have to do windows, but if I put an anti-fog coat on it, it should reduce my work load.

I hate faucets! I always end up bumping into them. Solution? Let the water come from the sky!
I'll admit, this is kind of ridiculous, but it saves on trying to buff up a faucet only to have it get water stains on it again.

I get cold easily. Wouldn't it be great to have a sauna? I can do one better...a sauna in a hidden room!

I want the color scheme of the bathroom to be super mellow and calming, but at the same time unique. 
This is the perfect combination therein.

I spend too much of my life on the toilet to not have a fancy one with a bidet and a seat warmer. Give me one of those Japanese toilets.My poops are luxurious! It's time th toilet was just as luxurious!
Also a light would be nice to ward off the toilet monsters...

A shelf on top of the TP holder is an incredible thought! You need someplace to put your phone down before you wipe until after your done washing your hands. Plus, it would be a nice space for wet-wipes. If you don't use wet-sipes after you poop, you really are missing out.
I'm not too keen on the metal piping in the picture unless it matches the rest of the bathroom. For once, I want my entire bathroom to match itself.

I hate plungers! I recognize they are essential to bathroom health, but they are super gross! I want a place to hide it and never look at it
Oh! Look! A place to hide the disgusting cess pit of germs to never look at it!

Despite the grossness of the plunger, I want a grey water system! That saves water!
I may not want a composting toilet, but I thought the concept was pretty neat. It just looks like more crap to break to me. But it looks neat!

I want a hidden hamper somewhere in the bathroom. Hampers make things tidy. Instead of putting laundry on the floor.
We have a lot of medicines. From indigestion, gas, to a metric butt-ton of painkiller...we need a large place to put them all!
Why not use a body mirror for the medicine cabinet?!

And that's my dream bathroom! I'll do another room soon. <3













2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love to dream about these things but can't ever get my Joe to play along. His main dream is to have a bathroom where there's a drain in the center (like at a public pool) so that you can just hose the whole place down. He is only just starting to understand that with my bowel disease, I need the bathroom to be practically a spa experience. Some of the things I totally agree with you on: light. LOTS of natural light, starting with a skylight and then with a big window next to the tub/shower. I'm not a bather, so it'd have to be a shower with a big window next to it (just above boob height), which I had in a really old apartment we lived in, in Los Alamos. I also miss using the window sill as my shelf for toiletries. I also like the idea of one of those fancy Japanese toilets. I heard a story about a man who held a shit in on a trans-Atlantic flight of 8 hours because he needed to get to a fancy Japanese toilet in order to actually poo in enough comfort. I have never utilized a bidet, but I think I ought to. Also, yeah! Grey water system FTW; I really want this too. And finally, do you ever do this with your phone? Before I wipe, I put my phone up to the side of my abdomen and then fold my shirt up over it a few times so that I have sort of a half-shirt with my phone safely stored in there until I wash my hands. If there are extra rolls of TP sitting on top of the back of the toilet, I just put my phone there, but if not, I do the shirt-rolling thing. (Sorry, just started in on coffee for the day as I read this, so sorry for the wall of text response. My brain is finally working!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend a lot of time thinking about my future because my current is not ideal. Bathrooms need to be a safe haven from the world.i poop about 3 times a day. I want my toilet space to be nice!
      I'm not sure what you're saying about the phone. I normally put it on top of the litterbox in front of the toilet, wash hands, and pick it up on my way out of the bathroom.

      Delete