Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Journals


I have 3 journals that I write in every day. 

The first is my Morning Pages Journal. Its from a book I haven't read called "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. All the podcast writers I listen to do this exercise where they start their day by writing 3 pages of hand written stream of consciousness writing. The point is 1) to get the thoughts in order for the day, and 2) to get in the habit of writing every day. So I write 3 pages of journal everyday. There are no paragraph breaks, I don't focus on spelling, grammar, or sentence structure. I just write. I have to say, if nothing else, it does give me something to feel accomplished about. Writing 3 pages long hand is difficult for me. My hand cramps, I run out of ideas, and mostly I run out of time. Accomplishing this one thing everyday makes my day seem more productive if nothing else. 

More information can be found at:

And here's my fancy journal.

The next journal is my Asatru journal. Its a passage from the Eddas and such and the author's thoughts on Asatru virtues which I reflect on and expand the thoughts of. It only is half a page to a page, but it gets my analytical thoughts moving. Plus it's good study for my religon. I refuse to blindly follow a religon of a God again. 
The last journal is one I start on the 1st of March. Every day I write down 5 things I'm grateful for 3 goals for the day, and I meditate for 10 minutes and record what happened. This has a multifaceted effect of reinforcing a grafeful mindset which seems to be the core of inner peace for me. It focuses me on setting achievable daily goals. And lastly, it becomes a record of my meditations so that I can look back and referance them.

When the year is up I'm going to rip out all the pages and put them in a binder to reference back to them if I need to. Each year will have its own binder. I feel like this way I can look back during troubling times and view my growth, or look back and see the root of some of my problems. 


No comments:

Post a Comment