Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Madicon 25

So I went to a local nerd con. It was horribly depressing. The vendor room was scant, there was no artists there. I still ended up buying some posters for a friend, a Dragon Ball Z-Kai School dice bag, and a weather dies that I'll be using for my writing I think. I also bought two Tamora Pierce books for my student library when I'm a teacher (Gods know when that will be, but that's another story.)
 The panels that I attended were 1.5/3.5 good. There was a cute 15 year old who did a nerf gun modding panel, but it wasn't REALLY modding so much as painting and making look like other guns. I was hoping for a internal modding class on the basics of nerf gun parts, how they work, and maybe a how to decorate. The Shard panel (The LARP I used to be involved in and am on disability hiatus at the moment...maybe indefinitely. It depends on both my wallet and health along with rectifying some moral decisions concerning....well Game Staff drama) Anyway...there was no one there exept for people who have been a part of Shard before. Well, there were 4 people...one was 11 years old. But seriously, none of the other people said anything. I tried to ask questions to help out, but there just wasn't the audiance. The last one I ended up at on accident. It was a cartoon opening theme song sing along. I sat outside the room in my chair (I was chair bound the entire con) and sang along to the music. I know more words to cartoons than most of the others so...it made me chuckle at the ridiculousness of my mind. Seriously. How do you not know all the lyrics to Sailor Moon and Duck Tails?! I also attended a boffer sparring match hosted by Freestyle Martial Arts which is owned by another friend of mine. This shit is like Dagorhir met Kendo and had a threesome with Kobuto. I actually got out of the chair, and sparred the owner on our knees for a while. It was SO fun. I wanted to do more, but...health.
I did see some long time friends that I haven't seen since...4-5 years ago? It was really nice. They looked and sounded well. I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I liked, but they were busy table topping, and I was busy playing Magic, smoking, and chatting with my other friends.
It was a good weekend. My health was really was bad on Saturday, and worse still on Sunday, and I'm still paying for the weekend. I spend most of last night whimpering because I've been pushing myself too hard lately. I'm trying to FORTIFY and not lean on Joe because I need to stand on my own two feet, and I brought it all on myself. Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment