Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Real Life badass women

http://2015appalachiantrail.jimdo.com/

So about a year ago on my way back from a doctors appointment, mom and I stopped at a food-truck near some amazing scenery in the heart of the Appalachian mountains. While there we took pictures and had a lovely time at the visitors center. But at the foodtruck there were two hard, scraggly looking women with backpacks and walking sticks. Being the most curious bloodline on the planet, mom and I asked what they were up to. They said that they were hiking the Appalachian trail for charity.
My immediate thought was WOAH! These ladies are so badass! Not only are they pushing themselves physically, but they are doing it for a cause they believe in! I was impressed, and may have fan-girled out deep inside, but I definatly played it cool on the outside. We asked for information on their blog and they gave us a card.

I honestly didn't think much of it until I found that card amidst my stuff while I was cleaning. And so I thought I would hilight some real life contemparary badasses: Anda and Arlene who hiked the entire appalachian trail to raise money for the Societe Alzheimers Society. Words can't discribe how much I admire these women. I encourage you to look at their blog and see their crazy misadventures.

Anda and Arlene's Walk to Remember

One day I too hope to be able to hike the Appalachian Trail. I'll need to get majorly into shape, first, but I want to do it just like those amazing women and do it for a cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment