Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving.

The night before thanksgiving I had an amazing dinner with my boyfriend's parents. Tatiana chicken, wild rice, caprice salad, and fried oysters! It was amazing! I love fried oysters!

After I went to bed, though I was sick to my stomach. I planned and budgeted for my wedding(that's about 5 weddings I have planned to distract myself), which since I haven't been proposed to, seems a little frivolous, but it distacts me with happy thoughts so I continue.

But I threw up at about 2 am and immediately felt better. Maybe I'm allergic to oysters? Maybe it was my FND? Who knows

I woke up and watched Good Morning America and the Macy's Parade, ate coffee cake and quiche, drank Mimosas, and had a great time with my boyfriend's mother! But I had to take frequent naps and time away from stimuli, and as time went on I only got worse and worse. Finally, about an hour or two before dinner I had to go home it got so bad. I ultimately had a seizure.

Luckily, everyone was super understanding, and Joe even brought me home a plate (as well as leftovers) right after the meal so I didn't miss out.

It's really hard to be thankful when bad things happen. I missed out on a lot of good times because of my own body... but then I remembered something Mr Rogers, one of my personal badass role models, said "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." And although a seizure isn't newsworthy, I did look to the helpers. I looked at the people who understood and helped me through a bad experiance, and I was grateful.

On a day so marked by gratitude, I found myself so thankful for my boyfriend and his family. They are generous with their time, feelings, and even finances. I am so grateful to them.

At 10-11 I was good enough to call my own family. Sure it sounded like I had a mouth full of cotton, but I am so thankful for my own family and I wanted to tell them.

And with a heart full of gratitude for all my family, I did my "Black Friday" shopping in a way that didn't make anyone have to miss out on spending time with their own families: I.e. Online.

I probably spent too much, but I know everyone will get a gift that means something to them and comes from my heart. 

I am making a few gifts as well, and I got started on one of them and continued working on another. I have 2 kids that I have to figure out what I'm going to make for them, but I know they will be happy with the gifts, and so will their parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment