Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Intellecualizing spirituality in the context of badassitude (with a side of humorous misadventure)


Spirituality is an ongoing journey to rationalize a spiritual exsistance in terms of a human experience. It may involve dirties. It may not. It may involve our own power to control and influence the world around us or our own bodies and actions. It may not. Morality may also be defined by spirituality.

Religion is spirituality predefined by someone else. Finding the ability to go along this pre formed path is the mainstay of religion.

It is my belief that spirituality is a deeply personal thing. Not everyone does it the same, and that's okay. It is through a collection of independent philosophical thoughts that we become more defined as spiritual beings delving into the whys and hows of exsistance.

Shedding the trappings of religion is, as you know, something that I have done. It is a concious decision I've done in reaction to an unwillingness to conform myself to a spirituality that I disagreed with to the fundamental core.

Finding who you are in relation to what you believe is a very big fundamental in a journey to badassitude. It is through self discovery that we grow confidence and intelligence. 

Because of this notion I've taken it upon myself to explore religion and philosophy in my spare time. I am doing this by listening to various religious, scientific, and philosophical podcasts, exploring books, websites, and even Pinterest. (I have a lot of trouble reading still and graphic based presentations are particularly helpful to me.)

As I seek other people's thoughts on their own human condition, I'm writing in a book. I'm documenting my spiritual growth in a book. It's an artistic endevour as well as an exploratory one.

I've taken a black leather bond sketch book. So far I have two pages. The first is a family tree. Family is important to me. They have contribeted genes as well as family philosophy down along the lines. They are influential, both positively and negitivity in who I am through both natural means and by basic human interaction.

The second page I'm using as a snapshot as before and after. It has a short quote summarizing my beliefs before an in depth exploration. When I finish the book it will have a second quote.


We'll see where it goes from here. I may or may not update my blog based on what I discover.

While this is a very intellectual topic, I wanted to share some funny things that have happened so far:

While searching for a few witchcraft podcasts I searched a generic "witch" and "witchcraft" and sure enough, Bill O'Riely's podcast came up multiple times. This had me in stitches. I hate him as a person in the public sphere, not because of his beliefs or intelligence (or maybe lack there of...), but because he's condescending, arrogant, and rude. Finding his podcast in among witchcraft is gala rips because he is a witch in the non metaphysical sence of the word.

I also downloaded a book about Slavic Religons, as that is where the majority of my bloodline comes from. As I was reading it I became more and more confused. I know some of the prominent dirties and basic creation story as well as some basic philosophy. Instead of mokosh, perun, and velas, I got an interstellar war, inter dimensional beings, and philosophy on ethnic superiority of whites. That's right, I read Scientology texts that said it was the Slavic faith. It hurt my brain so badly.

It's the first one star review I've ever left.

I'm sure there will be many more misadventures in days to come. I'll share the most humorous ones, I'm sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment