Why do you come to this Blog?

Saturday, September 19, 2015

One day...


One day I'm going to stop pretending that I'm okay with not being able to go out and do what I want to do. One day I promise I won't smile through tears and joke around that my heart doesn't ache every time I see someone doing something I can't.

One day I'll be okay with my disability. 

Today is not that day.

I was going to go to the cvs that's less than a mile away today. I spent today in pain and unable to walk much at all, much less make myself more than cereal. 

Joe is having fun in Canada. Jess is with her husband 3 hours away enjoying a oyster festival. Mom got to travel around with my great aunt, see one of my best friends. 

I struggled to make it outside for a much needed cigarette (I've started smoking again, and I have zero fucks to give about it)

I guess I got to travel to Kentucky to see my grandmother and my dads side of the family. I guess it's not all bad, even though I kept my family from doing awesome things making me feel guilty. I hold people back when I do things with them. They pretend I don't...but the lies hurt worse than the truth. The truth is I'm a burden.

I smile. I pretend. I act excited, but really I'm just jealous. My pride is wounded. And my face is rubbed more and more to the fact I'm unable to do the things I used to. I joke to cover up my pain.

It's okay though. One day I'll travel again. I'll have a garden. I'll have animals. I'll teach. One way or another I will work through this.

One day I'll be okay. It's just not going to be today.


No comments:

Post a Comment