Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, September 25, 2015

Less manic

Joe called me. He always takes my stress away and calms me down. 

I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but I got two more loads of laundry done, and washed the bathroom sink. I even made myself some canned pasta for dinner.

I think I'm going to make mac n cheese for lunch tomorrow. It's my ultimate comfort food. Screw chocolate and ice cream, give me the sweet taste of dairy any day of the week! 

Now that I'm laying calmly in bed looking over the past few days with a level head I realize how neurotic I've been. I've placed too much value in people's opinions of me. 

I forget how strong I am sometimes when I'm in pain. And I am strong. The pain will come and it will go. I can't latch on to it even if it's caused by people I love, even if it's caused by my own body.

I can only take life one day at a time. I have support of friends and family. There will always be difficult people in my life. The only thing I can do is minimize exposure to the bad and maximize the good.

I am going to take my recovery and treat it with respect and dignity. I'm not going to allow the nay Sayers to effect that respect and dignity.

Because I am a badass. Because I put forth the effort to become stronger I am a badass.

And so ill be getting my wheelchair and then I'm going to fight for normalicy, or rather my version of it again.

That's why I fight. I fight for good old fashioned normal badassitude. All is well in the house of Laura. I have found my zen. I have let go of my anger, of my expectations, of my negitivity. I'm okay. I have a roof, food, love and support. Nothing else matters. No one can force their judgement on me. I have to accept it first, and I just don't care to accept their judgement.

Plus Joe said I'm cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment