Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, September 21, 2015

A "nope" day that started well enough...

I set out a goal this year that I've actually completed! This is my 100th blog post! Thank you to all three of my adoring fans!  I'd still blog without you, but knowing you read makes this whole experience more enjoyable!!!

In honor of my 100th blog I'm going to take you on a tour of my day...

I got up at 10 to feed the cats. I didn't want to get up. My joints hurt, my head hurt, and I had nightmares all night so I didn't sleep well. But I got up and fed my cats.

I then layed on the couch for 3 hours trying to reconcile the pain I was feeling with the need to get things done. I surfed Pinterest for things to motivate me. Mostly it was the chronicly ill cat meme and some feminist stuff. I finally decided I'd need to do something unusual which was use my walker inside. I don't normally do this. If I think there's a chance I'll fall, I normally just don't give up. But I have things to do, damnit! 


I made myself a fact breakfast.

Then I got started on dishes.
I got a load done before my body had had enough.

 So I go upstairs. It takes me  about a minute and a half because I'm in so much pain. It's only then I realize that I have to go pee. Not wanting to go down and back up the stairs again, I pee in the red solo cup and I wash my hands with wet wipes. I keep by my bed for this reason. (It's less expensive and messy than adult diapers I've discovered)

I then take my alive and go to sleep hoping that when I wake up I'll be good enough to take care of some laundry and another load of dishes.

As I curl up in bed waiting for my pills to kick in, I'm going to tell you about pain from my experience.

A good day for me I hover between a 3 and a 4. I feel lucky because there are other people much worse than me. I take pills at around 4-5. Today I'm at a 6. My bad days are at a 7-8. I'm normally at a 8-9 during and after seizures on a bad day.  I don't remember what not being in pain feels like.

And, even after a nap, I have decided I can't be out of bed anymore. I will get up once more to eat, take my pills when Jess gets here to give them to me, then sleep.

This is another "nope" day, and I just didn't realize it,


(Edit: Jess is my hero. Not only is she coming over every day this week to give me pills and check on me, but she's also buying me dinner when I would have been having chips and crackers...

Dinner!






2 comments:

  1. Haha, I promise I'll bring you something more nutritious next time, but gosh, you looked like a girl who deserved some cheese curds. <3

    ReplyDelete