Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

What activities I'm willing to try


Here are some activities I want to try

Parkour: I've always wanted to learn parkour. I might have been able to pick it up no problem before I got sick. Now I'll need some bonnafied help to get into shape for it.

Belly Dance: belly dance takes a lot of individual muscle control. When I think of it it reminds me of the bene gesserit from "Dune." Basically the first years of training are meant to teach you to control yourself physically and mentally. I think that would be so neat

Hoop Dancing: hoop dancing is massively badass because it is a beautiful and graceful thing. I mean just look at it: LOOK AT IT!!!

Pole Dance: Every girl wants to feel sexy. And this is a super intense way to do so. The amount of muscle it takes to do some of those moves is incredible. On top of that there is a gracefulness that is a part of pole dancing that I find...enviable

Scuba: I'd say spelunking, but I have problems with not being able to see where I'm going. Scuba is the next best thing. You are free to move as you will, but are still breaking the confinements of being an air breathing creature.

Blacksmithing/Glass blowing: What is more badass than the creative art of making things. In the case of blacksmithing working with fire to mold hard substances to your will. In the case of glass blowing it's the same but instead of using brute strength, using finesse.

Learn piano: I've always liked making music, and the fact a lot of my friends are talented musicians makes me want to be able to join them in music making somehow. I have a piano here at home. I just don't know how to use it.

Slight of hand: Great for parties, and just generally neat, especially that coin finger dance thing where the coin dances over knuckles.Making the coin disappear and reappear are just bonuses.

Play poker: Poker is a card game of both luck and skill. You have to play both the hand and the people around you. It takes a lot of brain power, and playing it cool. That's why poker is so badass, and why I want to be able to play it. Currently I couldn't tell the difference between a straight flush and a royal flush. On a positive note I am confident both of those are actual things.


There are a lot more that I wish I could do but don't feel it's safe with my condition (get good at skeet shooting), and things I used to know how to do but am out of practice (Martial Arts). These are the activities I am willing to try specifically.










No comments:

Post a Comment