Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

So cold.

The heat went out some point this week and I've spent the past 2 days trying to get it fixed. It all started Thursday when we had the furnace flushed and maintained. I checked the oil at around that point and there was almost a quarter tank. Apparently a gasket was put on too loosely and it started leaking oil onto the floor of our basement. I didn't notice this until Monday when the tempurature wouldn't get above 60 degrees. So Tuesday I call the heating guys and tell them about the mess in the basement and the heat not being on. They send someone out. They fix the gasket problem, however, because I have no oil (because the gasket leaked it all over my floor) they can't start the heat up.

So I call the oil company and ask them to refill the tank. They do, and the cost is almost $600. I'm dead. That is way more than I can afford.I mean I was trying to get myself a passport this year so I could go on a cruise with Val, but jeeze if this isn't putting a wrench in my plans.

Anyway, I call the heating company this morning to get them to come out and turn ON the heat. Which they do. I just hope that they don't charge us for anything cuz if they do I'm going to be very upset

I haven't showered at all since this problem began I smell. I'm greasy. I'm heading to do that as soon as the house is a reasonable temperature. It's just been too cold to be wet and I couldn't have the space heater on in the bathroom because it kept blowing a fuse.

And on top of all this we are having plumbing issues with our washing machine. It needs to be gutted and the system replaced, but our landlord would probably bust a vein at the thought. So I went to open the P-trap in the sink the washer machine drains into. The sink is clogged and Drain-o wont help and I don't have a pipe snake to get at the clog. That leaves draining the P-trap. The problem is the bolt I need to take out is rusted on. I called my friend Chris and he couldn't budge it either.  So I can't do laundry until that gets fixed.

I'm getting another cold. I hope this one isn't bad.

Also, because of all this stress my FND/Tourettes has been worse than usual. I came very close to having a seizure last night. So I called out of work.

This has been a not kind to Laura week...I can't wait for Joe to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment