Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Who Matters Most to Me


Who matters most to me? It's really hard to just choose one. My parents and my boyfriend are the main contenders. They both love me and aren't afraid to show it. Sometimes it's financially. Other times its with words of encouragement. All the time they show me how much they care.

It's important that I receive words of encouragement and affection. It's one of my love languages. I need to know that my loved ones are rooting for me. I like when they challenge me to get more done and raise myself to better myself. For example, Joe leaves me to-do list notes. They are my absolute favorite. 1) I know what he wants out of me. 2) He is challenging me to be better. 3) He spent time telling me words of encouragement to be better. Another example is simple. Just saying "I love you" is enough. To me words are important. Saying your feelings about someone is something I take for truth.

Another way they show me they care is gifts. It's not just silly gifts, I take it back. It's mostly silly gifts. For example I collect Rubber Duckies. Joseph brought one home for me from his conference. That literally made my week. Every time I got sad I thought about that rubber duckie's new home among his new family. Also, when I go to my parent's house They always give me things. Sometimes it's a jar of homemade jelly. Sometimes it's cat food samples. It's all small stuff, but it shows me that they were thinking about me when I wasn't around.

And they also support me financially. Joe will pay for food for the house when I'm low on funds, and Daddy and Mommy are always good for buying me my medicine because I can't afford it. 

And finally they are free with the physical affection. This is the most important. I am a touchy feely person. I need to be touched. It's weird, but it reminds me that I'm real and not just a robot. The fact my parents and Joe oblige me in this, even if they don't understand it, means the world to me. And maybe they find as much comfort in physical touch as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment