Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Who Am I?

The past week has been pretty wretched. I have a new symptom: Hallucinations. Not the fun kind. The walls move and the ground moves. Even text wobbles and melts together. It's made it hard to read and blog...much less do anything else.

Three things happened yesterday that made me feel better. 

The first is I flirted with my boyfriend. It feels like forever since I've had the mental capacity to do that.

Second I took my cat to the vet. Her shots are updated. She was very well behaved, and the lump on her stomach is just scar tissue from her spay. It's comforting because it all went according to plan...exept the cost. I was expecting it to be around $115 for everything, and it was only $75! So I'd call that a win.

Last I had my appointment with my therapist. It's my first appointment. It went very well. It was exhausting. But she said something very impactful. "It seems that from a very early age you've been taught to value what you do and not who you are." Which made me realize If you take away everything I have and have not done in my life, I don't know who I am. So that's something I'm going to work on... Defining myself.


1 comment:

  1. I think early on, at least when we were in fifth grade, you sensed that there was something different about how your parents perceived you; they wanted to talk about WHAT you had DONE that day, regardless of how you felt about it or why. From my point of view, this seemed to cause some friction because you couldn't express yourself.

    ReplyDelete