Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Who Am I? Part II

In order to figure out who I am I'm going to list my character traits, both positive and negative. 

Positive:
Considerate
Helpful
Caring
Friendly
Compassionate
Driven
Creative
Adventurous
Maternal
Studious
Encouraging
Accepting
Kind 
Easy-going
Funny
Nerdy
Giving
Slow to hate


Negative:
Flaky
Improper
Clumsy
Loud
Prone to childishness and whimsy
Gullible
Self deprecating 
Crude
Lustful
Timid
Fearful
Stubborn
Unrealistic
Bossy
Talkative
Worrisome
Obnoxious
Easy to take advantage of
Impatient
Perfectionist
Slow to forgive

If you have anything to add, let me know in the comments. But this is who I am. It's not who I was, it's not who I will be. It's just who I am now.

On my journey of badass evolution, some of these will change. Some will become a bigger part of my life. But as of this second this is the person I am. Strip away all the things I've done, all the goals and dreams...this is me.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't consider lustful as a negative trait. I consider it neutral. Some people are more, some are less. It's not good or bad, unless you're doing negative things and using it as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I'd agree with you, but my lustfulness has done more harm than good in my life, not just with my last marriage. Its a trait that affects my life mostly in negative ways because it leads me to make poor decisions. Although it's neutral in moderation, I have it in excess. To much of a good thing becomes a bad thing at some point. Luckily my antidepressants keep that drive to a more reasonable level.

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of things you consider negative that I wouldn't, like your sense of whimsy and perfectionism. Also, this kind of searching in yourself is really great! I assume this has to do with what you said your therapist said in the other post— that you're trying to define who you are, not just what you do. It's an interesting goal, but I want to encourage you to think of yourself as a sum of these parts and more.

    ALSO! I can confirm you are considerate, helpful, caring, friendly, compassionate, driven, creative, adventurous, encouraging, accepting, kind, funny, generous, and slow to hate. Those are a lot of great traits to have in one person!

    ReplyDelete