Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Adaptive Sleep Travel

 I get bad nightmares a lot. It may be a side effect of my medicine, or just the fact I live in a period of high anxiety and I've always had really vivid dreams.

A technique I've accidentally come up to deal with this I call sleep traveling. Joe and I have been blessed with a fairly large house. We love it to death. It came with a lot of really comfy fruniture.

The trick is, if I have a nightmare one place (normally my bed) I'll move to another sleeping platform. My favorites are the office couch and the guest room, but I have 3 other couches and recliners to use.

As it gets warmer out I'll have the garden swing, and one of 3 couches in the sunroom. 

Although the technique doesn't stop nightmares, it does halt the broody, emotional, wakeful period after I wake up. I can normally get back to sleep really quickly without continuing or having a new nightmare. Normally I'm exhausted after a nightmare, having only been sleeping a few hours. Taking a new sleeping arrangement is like starting over. It makes it easier.

Also, when we move, I may buy this couch...it's long enough I can stretch out and still have room. It's wide enough to accommodate body my knee pillow and side sleeping me. Most of all, though. It's the perfect soft to firm ratio that's so hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment