Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Comics Rant

I'm going to take this moment to show my nerd colors for a second.

So a while back a charming entertaining movie called Guardians of the Galaxy came out. From the moment I saw it I was reminded of the old X-men cartoon. There was a point where a roguish space pirate character with a golden heart and an absent son showed up during the Phoenix Saga. It had been 15 years or more since I'd seen the episode, but I was convinced it was Star Lord's father.

Yesterday, Joe told me he found out who Star Lord's father was. It was J-son of Spartex. Now I remembered that an empire under a civil war was involved in the X-men episode. And j-son was an emperor and there was a coup that dethroned him. Despite the parallels, however, I couldn't find anywhere J-son intersected with the X-men, cartoon or comic.

That's when I went through the synapses of every X-men cartoon. Finally I found my prey in X-men season 3 episode 7: StarJammers.

Yeah, that guy I was convinced was StarLord's father is Corsair...cyclops' dad. I was so angry at myself for not remembering that! I was a Marvel kid back in the day...now I find myself being drawn more to DC. I haven't picked up a Marvel comic since High School.

However the resemblance to both StarLord's and J-Son is uncanny (pun intended). Corsair even joined up with the Guardians of the Galaxy, though I have yet to read that comic. (Once I get good enough to read, I'm going to be picking up the age of ultron before the new movie comes out)

No comments:

Post a Comment