Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, February 17, 2017

Leave the light on

For Christmas I got a amazon gift card to spend as I will. I did spend it on things I wanted too, and not things I needed, not things I wanted for around the house, but things I actually wanted.

So as most of my readers know, I'm in transition from worshiping the Christian god to something else. I can't define it, but it's highly influenced by Norse shamanism and animism. I see the earth personified as a deity to worship. Gods aside, nature is what I worship. I'm not too great about it yet, but that's it: Animism.

With that gift card I bought a book on Shinto, which is, in my opinion, the most unadulterated version of animism available outside of the small tribes that have not published their religion. Now, I'm not saying I'm Shinto all of a sudden, but I am curious how their beliefs reflect in my own.

I also bought my second tarot set. Now, I didn't get it for the tarot deck, per-se. That's just a bonus. I got it for the art. The artist Pui mun Law is a fantastic watercolor artist that I've followed for a long time.

Tell me that isn't beautiful. And I have a full deck of beauty just like that.

Now tarot is not my thing. It just doesn't speak to me in the same way runes do. Still, I'm going to try to use them in a way that honors the art.

Divination is not future telling to me. To me it is recognizing patterns in a problem, and reaching into subconscious patterns for the solution you already have. There is no magic in divination save for the magic of the subconscious.

I can't wait to do my first reading.

I also got a power cable for the living room computer because, with a lot of effort and work, I'm watching movies without my seizures!!! The sooner, the better as far as I'm concerned. My boy loves tv/movie pop culture. I love it too. It used to be a big part of our relationship. Now we can share it again, albeit in 1.5 hour increments, but still.

I'm glad for all my purchases. 

Seriously, I can't recommend this tarot deck enough. Buy this tarot deck

No comments:

Post a Comment