Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Catch up

I haven't posted much of substance in a while. It's mostly been because I've been feeling drained and not very motivated to do much. Some updates:

I won runner up in a cosplay contest with Joe for our post apocalyptic costumes. I'm a sheriff and hes a scavenger. We worked really hard on our costumes, but the guy who won first place did a full suit of Halo armor in EVA foam. He totally deserved the win.

I planted my flowers for this year. It's going to be nothing phenomenal, but I'm doing it. I have some moon flower, cypress vines, Rue, yarrow, texas blue bonnets, and a bunch more. I'm out of my spider flowers, which I really like. However, I'm determined not to buy any planting supplies this year after last year's over spending. 

So I'm going on a cruise in a few weeks and I'm very excited. The only problem lies in the fact that I have no money. Well I have enough to pay gratuities, and $100 in spending money. So I'm quite anxious. I'm also not talking about it on facebook because, honestly, I shouldn't be going. I don't have that kind of money. I don't know what I'm doing pretending. I'm not even working 3 days a week yet. I'm still on disability. I simply shouldn't be going. And I suppose that's the crux of my anxiety about the trip.

Still. Mom and dad bought my way onto the cruise and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to cruise my little butt off.

So far the schedule is:
Visit my parent's on April 1st
Fly out on the 2nd
Leave port on the 3rd
Grand Bahama Island on the 4th where well do a catamaran and snorkle adventure
Nassau on the 5th which is a beach day and we'll probably do our 5k
Their private island on the 6th and we'll snorkle an underwater sculpture garden
Back in Miami on the 7th
Back home on the 8th. 

A friend told me she missed my writing so I picked up writing my novel again. It's taking a lot more effort than before, but I'm writing it. Who knows. I may even get the rough draft done this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment