Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, January 4, 2016

If I Were A Rich Man: A Day in the Life

So in my fantasy I am rich, not Bill Gates rich, but enough to where I don't have to worry about spending money to make my life easier. This morning while laying in bed I thought about what I would do if I were both rich and healthy. So today I shall enlighten you of that fantasy:

I wake up at around 5 am. I go out, milk the goats, the cow, let out the livestock, and collect the eggs. I'll also muck the stable really quick. Then I go to the natural pool/pound in our back yard and go for a morning swim for 30 or so minutes.

I come back into the house and shower. Then I dress and come out to a full breakfast cooked for me by a nurtritionist for my specific needs to keep me healthy and delight my tastebuds. Fresh fruit (precut because I'm lazy), eggs and/or non-pork sausage, and a dairy of some sort. I don't really care about carbs, but I love fruit, eggs, and dairy in the morning. But since it's a nutritionist making my food for me, I would bow to his culinary tastes.

Did I mention that my nutritionist is a man? He's a 20 year old Indian (Hindu) with a deep knowledge of his religion and country's history. He has a girlfriend who I think is the bee's knees since she's a double major in business admin, environmental studies, and civil engineering. Her goal in life is to build and manage a pre planned city with her boyfriend that is green and also run a for-purpose business that helps women come out of poverty and get a complete education. She's also beautiful, kind, and super knowledgeable in her fields, and has become a very close and dear friend of Joe and mine. She also has frequent talks about business with Joe that are way above my head, but still a delight to listen to. So he's off limits, but he's still a pretty looking young man and I can at least look, right? 

Anyway, after a delightful, healthy, and filling meal to jump start my body, and a wonderful conversation to jump start my brain, I go around the house and spend a little time tidying up so that the housekeeper doesn't have to do it. I've had a professional come out and help me get rid of, and orgainize my clutter so it only takes about 10 minutes. 

By the time I'm done getting ready for the day it's 10-15 minutes till 7. That's when I go to my little trailer that's on property, and open it. I great the 12-15 students I have that range anywhere from 3-12. I teach them in a very structured program that is influanced by Montessori, Waldorf, and Reggio Emilia as well as prepares them for public school system when they leave me.

Students come in and play for 30 minutes on the natural fenced in playground outside the trailer with a dog. They then come in for 2.5 hours of learning activities. Each student has a choice of 3 activities they can pick up and do for however they want for the entire 2.5 hours. I hover around, taking notes of what they pick up, how long they play with it, and their progress so that I can adjust the activities for the area s they need the most work in. I also help them and prompt them to use their brains and their tools to the fullest, as well as answer any questions. At the end of the learning period we go out for 30 minutes of gardening time. We weed, water, and check on the plant health. We also pick what fruits and veggetables we need for lunch. Then we have lunch. Depending on age, they set the table and cook the meal. We eat, then play for 30 minutes. After that, the younger kids take a nap/guided imagery meditation break and the older students do a writing project for 30 minutes and reading quietly for 30 minutes. After that we go to do another choice of three activities for 2.5 hours. After that we have snack time followed by outside play until. Their parents come to get them at about 3. I stay around for another hour to prep materials for the next day and evaluate the student's progress.

Then I go to the greenhouse and play with my plants for an hour or two. Doing all the things a good gardener needs to do to have a decent and semi-profitable garden. Then I will bring in the flock, milk the goats. I'll pet them and love on them and play with them. I'll check on my bees too. 

I come home to a delightful meal already prepared for me by a nutritionist and a well cleaned house from my housekeeper. I sit down with my boyfriend who has also just got home from work. We eat a delicious meal, and smile at each other. We talk about our days and give each other a kiss. I go upstairs and blog for 30 minutes, and write a novel for an hour.

I then take a shower to wash my body, then I go to sleep (Unless we have a function to attend, a religous event, or a volunteering thing)

The weekends I spend doing 5ks, a religous events, a LARPs, or friend camps. I'll also spend it making  new activities based on the evaluations I've made of my students throughout the week. I'll also need to clean out the cat's litter and clean the stable as well as the coop.

A few weeks of the year, probably out during the holidays, I'll do a volunteering trip for a month during the year, and a fun trip for a week every year. I will maybe eventually go to the yearly conference for his business. That's 6 weeks out of the year. I'll probably take another week or two for mental breaks. 

And that's my delightful dream. I hope I'll get healthy enough, and rich enough to do all this. One day....one day....

No comments:

Post a Comment