Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dream house- master bedroom, catio, and pool

I have been designing my dream home for a while now, and It's time I share some photo inspiration. As to the master bedroom of my dream house, I want an open and airy floor-plan with blue-greys, browns, and natural wood. I want lots of windows and natural light in the room, and that means no neighbors that can creep on me when I'm naked. There will be no vanities or dressers, just the bed and the nightstands.

The bed itself I don't want to be fancy. A simple low to the floor bed is nice, but maybe something a little higher up to save my joints. What is important about this picture is the mural. I would love to have a mural instead of a headboard. I'd like something that takes the bed and incorporates it into the rest of the bedroom instead of setting it apart. Not this exact mural, but maybe an abstract woodland scene? A carpet would be easiest to clean, I think. It'll also be good for my joints, so something plush and inviting.


I love nightstands. It's a place to keep my medicines out of the way (speaking of which I need to take mine). It's also the powerhouse and charging station in my room. A nightstand like this would be nice Something neat and tidy to keep my electronics charged, and still hide all the medicines I take.

This is an example of the style of natural wood incorporation into the room. It's pretty and neat. I also want a sunlight and a wall of windows leading to the catio/balcony that I'd watch sunsets on. Also...bear rug? Yes. Bear rug.

The catio is a fenced in area for the cats to go when they hate the AC. There will be lots of non toxic plants, cat trees, and maybe a water feature with fishies. There will also be cat-grass for them to eat and lay in.

And most importantly, the rocking chairs that I'll sit in to watch the sun set and read, and just generally enjoy the outdoors.

There will be a little door from the catio down some stairs into the natural pool. It has to be a natural pool. None of those chemicals and stuff. They are easier to care for without the constant chemical balance. The plants take care of the filtering naturally. I'll use this pool every morning to swim laps so it has to be about 25 meters long. A fountain in it is unnecessary, but still pretty cool.

What is important are the statues. I want a handfull of nymphs playing in the water.
Only like 3 statues though, and have them grouped together. I don't want to overdo it.
Also a moss ball, because it's cool. Not that I want a moss-ball...I just wanted to share its coolness.

Oh, I almost forgot the master bedroom closet!

It would look something like this, but with more dresser drawers. My partner and I would share this space. So left half would be my staging area and the right half would be his. The lighting, since it would be towards the inside of the house would have to be warm toned and bright. There would also have to be a body mirror on the inside of the door.
Seems to be about the right size. Might need a few more drawers, though, and less shelves and/or the tilt out hamper.:

Maybe that mirror could open up into my jewelry box...
Would be an ideal way to store my jewelry - so I will actually USE it!:







No comments:

Post a Comment