Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dream House: Kitchen and Patio

Staying with my house design of my dreams, I bring everything to the heart of the house: the kitchen. My dream kitchen, like my bedroom, is full of natural light. It's easy to clean and doesn't have a lot of mess on the counters. It leads directly to the patio for entertaining. And my patio is a safe haven for everybody.

This picture is so pretty with the skylights. I want so many skylights in my kitchen.The natural wood above matches the bedroom, and I really want that style throughout the house. I hate how small the kitchen is and those red cabinets are not my style, but I love the ceiling!

AD-Wonderful-Ideas-To-Design-Your-Space-With-Exposed-Wooden-Beams-08:

This is the color scheme I want in my kitchen! The dark wood and the light counter-tops look amazing! I also really like how open it feels.

The arches, the cabinets, the windows, the ceiling beams, light fixture, fireplace... wow.:

This stove and oven is amazing. I'd rather have a glass range because it's so much easier to clean, but having a separate griddle for pancakes (which I love) would be amazing!! Also, If I plan on entertaining a lot, I should also have a lot of oven space to make so much food for so many friends.

A thing of a beauty. Would love to have this one in my kitchen. Pro Grand Dual Fuel Ranges:

We must have a dishwasher! I hate the look of a drying rack on the counter! It doesn't need to be fancy. It just has to work.

Nice DISHWASHER:

The kitchen has to have a bar for casual dining. It's also good to have me be entertained by people as I cook for a party.

Coastal Kitchen Makeover - Sand and Sisal:

I want a pantry. More than anything in the house I must have a pantry.  A place that holds my food and doesn't look cluttered would be amazing! It doesn't need to be huge, but this one in particular is pretty. I love the shelving on the outside with the plants. If I'm going to have a lot of natural light in my kitchen I might as well have pretty plants.

Add a pantry to a corner by building the wall out!:


I want my pantry to be uniform and organized with lots of glass.
When it comes to pantry organization, it’s out with the old and in with the new with these tips from @apttherapy guaranteed to tidy up your space. Start by tossing out any snacks that are passed their prime. Then, keep all your favorite goodies in their places and within reach by storing them in airtight, labeled containers or wire mesh baskets. Extra points for allowing only one row of jars on each shelf.:

Cans will be visible and organized so I can see what we have at a glance.
10 Ways to Organize Your Pantry! | Decorating Your Small Space:

I have a coffee nook in my house right now, and I love it! I want one in my dream house. It's a place to keep all the coffee making supplies we have and display our mugs. I drink a lot of coffee so having this is convenient and lovely.

Another coffee bar idea...because there is never enough room on the kitchen counter:

Now we get to the patio, which is an outdoor extension of the kitchen into an outdoor dining and entertainment area. The windows in the kitchen open up to the outdoor bar. This is where drinks are served from the ease of the kitchen.

Bring the outdoors IN with these accordion glass windows and doors. | 31 Insanely Clever Remodeling Ideas For Your New Home:

I also must have a table outside. There's something magical about eating outside during 3 seasons of the year (Winter non so much)

Fabulous outdoor space: http://www.stylemepretty.com/living/2015/03/26/beachy-hamptons-house-tour/ | Photography: Emily Gilbert - http://www.emilygilbertphotography.com/:

The outside is a magical place. It's made of stone and has both fire and water features. I'd rather have a fire pit than a fire place, but otherwise it's a relaxing place to both write and entertain.


Beautiful back patio. Water-feature, fireplace & nice touch with the torches.:

The drain off from the rain feeds into a


Stormwater design at its best.:

KOI POND!!! Which drains into my natural pool, of course.

Koi pond:






No comments:

Post a Comment