Why do you come to this Blog?

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Dream Home: The Back Yard, and Internal Workings of the House


So the most important part of the house is the back yard! And my dream backyard is the most epic of all.

First there is a pavilion with a jucuzi it is large enough for 4 people because winter jucuzi parties are the best! It doesn't matter to me if its in ground or not, but it has to be covered.
covered backyard hottub.:

With all the water features of the yard, my inner weabu would find it amid if I didn't have one of those bamboo clacker things. I forgot what they're called.
Shishi Odoshi Design: Learn All About Japanese Bamboo Fountain Shishi Odoshi:

Then I must have a large oak tree. I'm debating between live oak and burr oak, currently. But something that looks majestic, and can be climbed.
Southern Live Oak (Escarpment Live Oak), matches other trees in yard/neighborhood, drought tolerant:

In a different tree nearby I want 5 or 6 wind chimes that compliment each other's sounds nicely. When there's a big wind storm I can sit on my swing and listen to the music.

Speaking of swing, there will be a wood and rope swing hanging from a tree, either the oak itself, or a nearby tree. Swinging is my favorite thing to do. It'll be nice to swing and read on most days of the year.
outdoor swing, painted in french gray from farrow & ball:

I want statues around the property. Here and there hidden by trees or foliage. I want every one to have a story and an air of mystery. It'll be like the secret garden.
so pretty.. the coolest part of having a coronet is seeing what they do with their hair! (ok, and its just cool):

Along with full sized statues, I want fairy sized displays. I want fairy homes and hidden fairy statues. Much like the full sized statues it should be whimsical yet mysterious.
hobbit-house-for-your-garden.... Will make a few of these, and make a buck and sell a few to my friends and family :):

The back yard is also where I have my raised bed vegetables. I want tomato, squash, peppers, cucumbers, and berries, along with herbs and magical flowers like rue and yarrow.
Trellis between raised beds avoids over-shading sun-loving veggies while allowing vines to climb beautifully.:

And should I spawn the kid will have an epic playground. It'll have monkey bars, a slide, rock climbing wall, a trapeze, and a play house. I also think a pull-up bar would be fun. I used to do tricks on pull-up bars.
enclose the bottom of the swing set and add a door and windows to make a play house:

Every kid needs a trampoline. So do adults who may or may not be drinking. So a trampoline goes in the play area, as do swings.
SUNKEN TRAMPOLINE....COOL http://www.facebook.com/pages/Home-Design/280927288669293?ref=stream:

And a sandbox/chalkboard/climbing wall would be essential for a kid to play on too!

To make the kids area more fun, and safer, there would be a fence going around the yard. That fence would have glass marbles in it to make it more fun.
Marbles inserted in fence. >> What a fun detail!:

Inside the house,and the inner workings therein are wonderfully off the grid. Water is well water. The sun powers the house, and the only thing we pay for is the Internet.

Under one of the light switches is the story of the house and me, the one who built it...or if Joe builds it with me (<3 yes please <3) his and my story.
Every home has a story. Leave yours for a future tenant to find. How much fun would something like this be to find and read? - I put electrical breaker # on a piece of tape behind switch & outlet covers so I know exactly which one I need to turn off if there is a problem.:

Solar panels on the roof are what I want. I think these roof shingle solar panels are the most adorable thing. If they're actually a thing that exsists then I have those on my roof gathering electricity.
Simple Ideas That Are Borderline Genius - 25 Pics:

Since living in poorly insulated houses for the past 4 years, I have to have well insulated house and Windows. There are no good pictures of a well insulated house, but that's what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment