Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, December 27, 2015

New Year. New schedule!

Volunteering
Today starts my first day of volunteering! I've very excited. I will be working with adults, teaching them how to read, and also teaching a citizenship class. I'm very excited to teach again, even if it's adults. I'm hoping that it will get me in the swing of teaching again so I can go back to school and become a teacher. And besides, it'll be nice to get out of the house. I feel I've lost most of my socialization skills this past year.

Job hunting
I talked with some guy at Ticket to Work. That's the division of Social Services that gets us crippled people a job we can do. I'm awefully optimistic. They said that some of the places that work with them offer rides into work. If that doesn't work, I always have public transportation. 

I am scared of riding the public bus for the first time ever, much less in a wheelchair, but I'll do my best. I need to fortify and do it anyway. It's vital to my success and independence.

Marathon training
So I've decided to do six 5ks this year. That means I need to train my body. I'm going to start going to a local park to do some wheel training 2 or three times a week. I might even turn it into a running group since I have so many friends who are runners. 

I'm also going to be going to the pool 2-3 times a week to work on my legs as well as just lap swimming (because I've always enjoyed swimming more than running) I'm hoping to convince someone to get me rides there, since wheeling a mile with wet hair it not ideal, but if all else fails I'll wear a hat. <3 I think I'll do that tomorrow. Hopefully Joe will feel well by then so I can do things.

Cleaning/decluttering
I'm getting rid of anything that doesn't hold value. All things that don't add to my life, I'm getting organized and taking care of my house better. It's a slow going process, but I feel like I'm defiantly making progress. Even though I'm bringing new stuff into the house (Which I know Joe doesn't like) some of it is to replace stuff that is old and worn out, other stuff is to prepare for me having a classroom...because fuck it all if I don't teach in some way. That classroom stuff will be put into boxes and into the basement, though.

I'm also putting insulation film on all of the Windows I have the ability to, because fuck it all if it isn't cold as the devil's testicles in my house during winter. I can only do about 2 a day. Also, I need to put some insulation on the bottom of our front door.

Crafting
I've got fabric, sculpy, and a few odd projects on my to do list as well as my writing. I want to get started in metal stamping, essential oil distilling, and other projects, but I'll wait on those. Right now my projects are simple:
1) Make Rowan a food game of TP rolls and a box. 
2) Finish my Sculpy fox and Slavic dirty charms. 
3) make curtains

I also have a few stories I need to write. My problem is every time I start a story, I get distracted by another story. I need to just sit down and finish one story so I can pay someone to edit it, and then put it up as self publish on Amazon.  I think I'm going to need to set aside a period of time in my day that is strictly writing time. I've danced with this idea before, but when it came to execution, I botched it. We'll see.

Vanity
I am putting forth an effort this year to become better able to take care of my physical appearance. That means I bought a bunch of face goop, hair products, and even some makeup. I bought vitamins to help me loose weight and that added to the exercising should trim me down and make me fit...If I don't keep making and eating mochi. I'm also eating fewer refined foods via blue apron. Yes, it's more expensive...but I don't have to go shopping and all the food comes in a way that's easy to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment