Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, December 11, 2015

Herbalism

 I broke down and hopped on Reddit to figure out some of the unknown plants in my garden. It's been enlightening. And to keep his information for future reference, I bought another 2 sketchbooks (one of them is for...actual drawings...) 

In the books I will draw some of the plants features, the scientific and common name. I'll write a discription, then I'll include upkeep information such as soil ph, water rationing, sun requirements, and delightful stuff along those lines. I want to include its native habitat too. Finally I'm going to look into the folklore, natural remedy uses, or if it's more decorative than functional.

So far I have 3 grimoir things. A philosophy and lore book, a "spell, song, and prayer book", and now my garden herb book. Next I think I'll get a book for strictly major spell work... If I even believe in that...I'm not to sure I'm keen on spells in general to be honest, but there are special holiday rituals I may enjoy. I might put that in there. Also, divination, and journal experiance with meditation, and perhaps eventually use of this neat salve that I've head about on my witchy podcasts that's supposed to (legally) enhance other worldly experience.

I would maybe like to find a totem I identify with. All the usual subjects don't feel as though they personify me. Though, that being said, Slavic hethenism seems to have a keen liking to trees and their lore suggests that trees are just as totemic as animals. That feels more correct to me.

I'm going to miss solstice this year in favor of being with my family.  Although I'd love to burn a Yule log and stuff, I think family is way more important!


No comments:

Post a Comment