Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Improvements!

I started a new Blog called "The Things I Eat." It's a cooking blog about my low calorie journey. In order to lose weight I need to eat 1400 calories or fewer. But some foods don't keep me full long enough. I'm keeping track of the calories and how full I stay with all the food I eat.

I've stayed under my calorie count 2 days in a row! It's been difficult. I see all these good foods all over the place (Especially the teacher's lounge) and I want to eat thm. I have to tell myself "I'd rather be skinny." That is my mantra. 90 lbs to go!

I've also walked a mile 2 days in a row! My calves burn, and I breathe heavy, but I average 3 MPH and that's good for me. I figure in a month I can start the couch to 5k app.

I went out with my friend Jess last night. It was so lovely to catch up with someone. I think my social skills are almost back to normal. I've felt since my FND I just couldn't talk to people like I used to. I was having so many problems! But I've been practicing and now I think I'm mostly back to normal. So many fewer awkward silences!

Work was hard yesterday. It was still enjoyable, but hard. I love Special Education, but there are some rough days. There were 2 students that were the most difficult. One just wanted to go home and was frustrated he couldn't. The other wanted me to read to him all the time. The main problem I faced was when he wanted to leave the classroom to go to the library. I tried to get him back to the classroom, but he hit and scratched me to the point of drawing blood. I mean I've had worse cuts from my cats, but this is the first time I recall a student has drawn blood on me.

I dyed my hair this morning. It's now black, but so is my scalp...and forehead. I've never had this issue before, and It's a bit embarrassing, but at least it should no longer be blue. Blue is an unprofessional color and with all my interactions with the principal
I needed it a normal color. I mean I tried to dye it dark brown, but the blue still really stood out, especially in the light. I'll probably never dye my hair funny colors again just because of this episode. It was fun, but until colored hair is more widely accepted I just can't.

I joined a fantasy football league. I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing. I think during the draft I'm going to pick names that I find appealing. Or I could use the rank chart published by ESPN. I don't know, but the draft is tonight. I'll figure things out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment