Why do you come to this Blog?

Saturday, August 12, 2017

.

Today I did housework! I did both dishes and laundry! I'm wondering if it's because I've been depressed. Because as soon as I posted that I'm a bad person on Facebook I get into the swing of cleaning. It's too much to be coincidence.

So there was a rally of white supremacists today, and I guess last night. Some asshole mowed down pedestrians in his car. A 32 year old woman died. She was a year older than me. She died peacefully protesting white supremacy. I'm going to be honest here, because I feel I can't be honest elsewhere.

I am livid.

This is my state. That happened just an hour away from me. A woman lost her life because some asshole couldn't use his goddamn words like a grown up. Yes I know murders happen all the time and for sillier reasons...but this was a statement on the moral health of Virginia. I thought we were doing okay. I thought we were making progress. And then some group ruins everything. They killed a woman. They. Ended. Her. Life. I say they because even though one man perpetrated the action, there were still people who are silently applauding his actions.

Now I was okay with a protest to keep a dumb statue of some war looser. It's going to be taken down, but let them protest, right? Then it turned into some scary white power parade. I was not cool with that. They were threatening, domineering, and generally scary carrying fire, not candles, but full on torches. Things were starting to get out of hand. Then a car runs over people!

I'm all for the first amendment, now. But your opinions stop at my door. And nothing is further in my door than fearing being mowed down on the streets. That's fucking terrorism.

And I realize all my opinions come from a setting of white privlage. Everyone having a right to their opinion is scary when that opinion is the speaker wants you dead for the consequences of birth. It's dumb to think that I have the right to say anything about it. So I have the option of staying quiet or saying my opinion.

My opinion is that white supremacists are stupid and need to learn the value of love.

Terrorism will not be tolerated.

And what the fuck am I saying. I'm stupid and should shut up and let someone else worry about this. I'm too drunk and far away. I have no money to donate. I'm essentially getting worked up over something I have no power in, nor do I deserve a voice since I'm white and middle class. Sure I'm probably bi, but I can't prove it, sure I'm female, but that means squat in this case. Sure I'm pagan, but I'm not really open about it.

There isn't enough wine in the house to deal with my emotions.


No comments:

Post a Comment