Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, August 21, 2016

And so it begins...

I have officially started my writers holiday. I am taking a week away from distractions and I'm going to pump out the rough draft of a novel!

Since I don't have a license, my week started with dad driving two hours to come pick me up. The drive was smooth and my dad and I discussed politics civilly and without raised voices. It was a pleasant conversation, and although we have vastly different opinions we still managed to reach an understanding. I wish I could have been better at debating, but I was suffering from a fuzzy brain. 

We got home and mom made dinner despite the fact she was hurting from a pulled back and a headache. We had shrimp scampi with tomato and spinich, and it was tasty.

But I was tired so I decided to sleep. But my bed had been taken over by the dog.


The demon dog!

Eventually I got my bed back and went to sleep.

I wasn't planning on going to church the next morning, but my brother decided to sleep in and I wanted my mom to be happy so I went.

The sermon was how if you don't follow Catholic dogma you're going to hell. I patiently waded through consoled by the fact mom isn't Catholic either.

I've been dealing with my crisis of faith for a year now. And I've decided that I believe in the a abrahamic God, I just don't believe he is the god, and sometimes I don't believe in him at all. Sometimes I believe the only divine power is nature (including science). What I don't believe is in other dieties. Or do I? I don't know... I guess I'm still having a crisis of faith.

Anyway,

Brunch was productive. I sat next to a guy who kept coming up with job sites for me to apply to. He thought of a bunch I hadn't thought of yet! So when I get home I have a bunch to apply to.

When I got home I immediately grabbed my iPad, went out into the woods and started writing. It wasn't my novel because I didn't have wifi in the woods, but I fiddled around with my autobiographical fairy tail. I also made a little alter to the land spirits.

All was going well then it started pouring down rain. So after an hour and a half of clear skies...I went home...walking...in the rain. It was hilarious.

Mom met me half way in the car to drive me home. I didn't even ask her. She just did it. My mom is thoughtful like that.

When I got home I hopped on the wifi and started writing. 2182 words so far. 

My goal is 25000 words by the end of the week long holiday (Tuesday the 30th) as it starts on Tuesday the 23rd. That's a short novel at 100 pages. It's short, but it'll be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment