Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Dream Home: Front Yard, Foyer, and Livingroom

So more on my dream house. This is the Front Yard, Foyer, and Living-room edition.The general theme of the front yard is classy yet whimsical. There are a lot of tit-bits and details that make the front yard fun. The living room, however, is very lodge-like as it incorporates the unfinished beams and open design from the bedroom and the kitchen as well as a stone fireplace.

The path leading up to the house is fun and a bit childish. Overall it draws the eye to the path and makes it pleasant.
101 DIY Projects How To Make Your Home Better Place For Living (Part 1) .... these look like carpet!:

There are fun details like fish floating in the grass
Fish sculptures in amongst the grasses  // Great Gardens & Ideas - love this look.  Wonder what I could make some out of.  (First I'd need to plant the grass...):

And wisteria creeping over the patio. I love wisteria. I love the way it looks, and I love the way it smells. I can't imagine my joy coming through the front door and smelling such amazing things.
I want a wistia plant like this. Fell in love with them when I saw them in Italy.:

Pots overturned with fragrant flowers or pretty flowers such as lobelia. I'd also have my red lilies that I've had with me since graduation out front.
Terra Cotta Planter Spilling Over with Riveria Marine Blue Lobelia:

There must be a front porch swing! I love moving chairs, and nothing so much as swings. I don't think it would have 4 posts, more likely it would only have two, but either way I could rock myself in the mornings with a cup of coffee.
 :

Again, moving chairs are important. So I need rocking chairs out front. That way if my friends want to join me in the moving chair business while they are over parting.
want a porch with rockers!:

Another whimsical detail that I thought was cute.
How neat is this!?! Fish observatory... Follow Us! ---> DIY Home Decorating:

I like to have a durable and plainly visible house number for friends who have not been over our house before. This was something cute and something I could easily make. Makeing things for the house adds character to it.
DIY: How to Create Industrial House Numbers - using a salvaged wood plank, stainless steel screws, a template and a drill - via Instructables:

I want a unique door that accents the front yard. It needs to be both whimsical and classy.
Custom Made Walnut Entry Door:

I'm going to have the front door knocker of my childhood home. Don't let my brother tell you he's getting it, because it's going to be me. It looks a lot like this except brass and prettier.
This fox door knocker would look perfect on a storybook house (he reminds me of the Big Bad Wolf):

The Foyer is going to be fancy yet still slightly whimsical. The walls will be a sky blue with gold accents.
Zola wallpapers from Anna French:

There will need to be a table in the foyer for important things to be put on. I want it to match the walls.
LOVE:

And then there will be my dream: The mirror wall. This will be only one wall that will make the foyer seem bigger than it actually is, as well as spreading natural light all over.
A geometric mirrored wall conceals closets and storage spaces, which are located behind the touch latch mirrored doors.:

The living room is the first room after the foyer. It is full of wood and natural light. Therefore there will need to be lots of windows! I absolutely adore wooden rafters!
Reclaimed timber beams accent the barnlike common room at Lynn and Sir Evelyn de Rothschild’s Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, home, which was built by Rivkin/Weisman Architects and decorated by Mark Cunningham; the landscape design is by Horiuchi Solien. Circa-1930 lanterns (one is pictured) from Ann-Morris hang from the ceiling, and an artwork by Callum Innes is mounted above the fireplace.:

Then there needs to be a great stone fireplace with a gas fed fire. This way I can sit curled around it in the cold winters when the house is frigid.
If we ever redid the flooring in our house...this is it!!:

The downstairs bathroom will be stone and plants. It will also use the grey water system to save on the water bills.
Antes y después: un baño pequeño:

No comments:

Post a Comment