Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Power of Choice

I lay in bed and think to myself, "I want 30 seconds of not moving at all." So I take a deep breath. I let it out slowly. I take stock of my spazzing leg. I note the muscles that are moving. I recognize the pain. I take another deep breath and will those muscles still. It works, but I feel the tension start to build. I imagine it evaporating into the air. 15 seconds in. I can see the finish line. My focus is still on my leg.

Suddenly I start doing crunches. It comes as a complete surprise, though it really shouldn't. I groan and sigh. They are quicker and stronger than the knee was for a little while, as if making up for the fact I was still for 15 while seconds. I turn over and resign to let my body do whatever it wants. There's no controlling it.

I will never again take stillness for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment