Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, July 17, 2015

Amazon treasures

The Amazon prime sale happened a few days ago. I ordered 2 things to make my life easier and to work my brain.

The first was a printer scanner combo. I didn't get anything fancy, just your basic model. But now I can get rid of all the old photo albums I inherited from my aunt and cousin by way of my cousin. I spent half the day going through those pictures, and wondering who the people were in the pictures, and what their stories were. I found a bunch of pictures of my father when he was younger than I am now. We have a very strong family line. I noticed that with my cousin too. I have a hard time telling us apart till we hit about age 7. 
I wonder if I'll be able to have children one day. I wonder if they'll carry on my strong family line, or if they'll take after their father. I wonder what they'll say to the amazing pictures I found.
This is a picture of my grandmother, aunt and father. My dad looks exactly like my elder little brother, and my aunt looks so much like me at her age. Also, my grandma is hot!

Speaking of my grandmother, the badass, she has cancer, yet she's still chugging along and fighting back. Like me, she has good days and bad days, but she keeps moving along. I admire her so much! The fact we're both dealing with our conditions at the same time is comforting. We encourage each other.

I'm going to visit her soon. I'll be taking my box of pictures for further identification. I think I'm going to interview her about her childhood too.

I also got a kindle. The idea is with the line spacing adjustment and the font resized, it might help me relearn to read. The added benefit of reading from a screen is good as well since you use different parts of the brain to read book, vs  screen...well, different sections of the same brain part, but the fact remains. It should help reading comprehension and retention.

I picked up "a few" books on the kindle. Most of them were free editions. Currently I'm reading Hans Christian andersons stories. I've read 5 chapters! I'm paying for it with violent tremors, not being able to speak, and a headache (which is funny because the last story I read was about a toothache) but I'm in love!

I also downloaded a bunch of badass books including Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, and teddy roosevelts autobiographies. I'll get more as time goes on. I'm slowly going to replace the crappy I'll kept paperbacks in my library for kindle editions, or realy nice hardcovers to serve to decorate as well as be read. 

I think my biggest wish is for my spawn to have a huge library full of books that they sneak into and read when they're supposed to be sleeping. That would make me the happiest ever. It's most of the reason I want kids...as accessories to my library. 

I hope that once I can read a lot again I can use my kindle to get back in school, reading the textbooks through that!

I so did some research for a novel I'm writing today (thank god for pictographs)I also started writing it, but ultimately got distracted by my new toys.

I'm working hard to improve my living condition. Writing, reading, minimilizarion of stuff, and learning languages...

Speaking of which I didn't do my brain exercises or my language learning today. Tomorrow I'll do double duty...

FOR BADASSITUDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment