Why do you come to this Blog?

Friday, September 19, 2014

Staring Down Pride

I went on a date today. I was having a good health day! My spasms had been low key, only a small headache, and after my nap I was solid on energy.

My boy took us to dinner. Greek food is the best! Then we went to Barnes and Nobles to read comics and drink barista drinks. I had a hot cocoa. It was probably a bad idea because my left side is non functional from the spasms, and my joints may be killing me.

I faced my daemons though. I took on my pride and told it to fuck off. I had my spasms in public and pretended like I didn't feel stupid as fuck. 

Had a hard time reading the comics too. ADD without adderal compounded by whatever issue I've been having dragged me back. I can normally eat a trade comic in an hour. I was only half finished by the time we left.

But, I have to say, I'm really liking the New 52 revamp of DC comics. The Teen Titans are especially entertaining for me. Also, I may have a new favorite character: Danny the Street. He's a sentient street that is a transvestite and wonders the world bringing happiness to those who need it. How badass is that!? 

Tomorrow I go to a beer festival. Another public outing. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment