Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Goal Oriented Graphics

I've always been the "out of sight, out of mind" type of person. Without constant reminders to get things done, I ultimately fail. Normally I attribute this to my ADD. It makes it very difficult to focus on any one task. My mind becomes so busy remembering some tasks it forgets some others of them.
Be that as it may, I've recently acquired an entire office to myself. I'm using its wall space prudently with reminders to keep on task and to motivate me towards my goals.

I've also always been very visually stimulated. Pictures, colors, graphs, and charts draw my eye and focus. Because of this, my posters are all colorful and graphics heavy. I have 5 posters currently, with the intent to add a second.

The first one is my schedule. It's really more of a to-do list. I have the agenda items categorized by color. The yellow ones are items that should be accomplished daily: wake up, shower, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all examples of this. The purple items are cleaning agenda tasks. Items like clean out the fridge, mop, and clean the toilet are there. Green items are fun things. Arts and crafts predominantly take this category. Blue items are zen or spiritual items. Gardening, blogging, and church are among the things placed in there. Last I have pink items. These are the things I do to better my intellectual health. Duolingo, classes, and work (I'm a substitute teacher) take this category. Each color has to show up at least once per day.
On the poster are actually double sided sticky tabs. I laminated the agenda items that stick to the tabs so they come off quite easily.

The next graphic is a poster of the pilates exercises in order. I have a hard time remembering which comes before which and I was tired of picking up my book to remember. I took the course in college, so I remember the form and function of each pose, it's the order that gums me up. That's why I made this poster.

These poses and the order are based on this book, "The Pilates Body" by Brooke Siler. It's a good one. It tells the reader exactly what needs to happen for each position. 

The muscle training poster is based on the 100 push ups program and the other exercise programs linked to the sight: Found Here. I found a number of years ago. I haven't started it yet, but the program is separated into three days a week. These three day weeks are stapled together and put into a pocket for each exercise. Every day I will be taking the date's exercise regimen out and taping it to the pocket. I start that program Monday of next week.
The next poster has a list of runners stretches I also found online a number of years ago. I can't seem to find the source website, but I was very pleased with the breadth of the routine. Below it I keep track of my daily running.
I have the fortune of having a treadmill and a TV placed in front of it. I created my program keeping this thought in mind. Every day I'm going to watch an episode of the new Battlestar Galactica (I'm a bigger fan of the old one, but the new one is interesting enough.) Each episode is about 45 minutes long. I record the amount of miles I run within each episode. This keeps me motivated to do it daily as I am not allowed to watch the show unless I am on the treadmill. Also, there is nothing better than watching a badass (Starbuck) kick ass to inspire me to get better. 
This is the weight graph I'm maintaining. Each morning I plan on weighing myself. Now, I realize that weight fluctuates day to day based on a lot of factors. but the general trend can be seen via averages. Now, I'm not overly concerned about my weight, however, it is a good indicator of my fitness progress.

That about sums up my graphic aids. I still have to make my budgeting poster. I'll do that as soon as I actually get a summer job and get a better grasp on my finances for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment